Thread: Accessing Zimbra Javascript objects

Default Accessing Zimbra Javascript objects

So after filtering through a good number of js files I believe I can make my modifications to the UI through javascript calls which will be initiated via my zimlet js file. However, after a few tests I'm not 100% on the global names of these objects in runtime. Hopefully you'll be able to save me some time by helping me find the right ones.

First, what's the best way to get a hold of the ZmMailApp? I'm guessing that through it I'd call the getComposeController function. I did do a few calls to ZmMailApp itself as well as ZmComposeController but I'm gathering those are more the static 'classes' than the live instance.

I'll have more questions, undoubtedly, once I resolve this interaction. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Marty

Assuming you have the appCtxt it's just:

var cc = appCtxt.getApp(ZmZimbraMail.MAIL_APP).getComposeCo ntroller();

If not you can get the appCtxt from the global window object:

var appCtxt = ZmAppCtxt.getFromShell(DwtShell.getShell(window));
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Thanks Kevin,

That worked (sort of). Okay, I first tried putting the toolbar modifying code into the single click event of my zimlet. That worked. Of course, this was not the intended place since I want it to be installed when my zimlet is initialized. So I then moved it to the init function of my zimlet's js code and it didn't work. I'll post the code below, in case it matters. My guess is that either the init code is not running or that it's happening before the existing toolbar has been created.
    Com_Rs_Compose.prototype.init =
    function() {
    // Pre-load placeholder image
    (new Image()).src = this.getResource('blank_pixel.gif');

var appCtxt = ZmAppCtxt.getFromShell(DwtShell.getShell(window));
    var composerCtrl = appCtxt.getApp(ZmZimbraMail.MAIL_APP).getComposeCo ntroller();
    var toolbar = composerCtrl._toolbar;
    var buttons = toolbar._buttons;

// Add button to toolbar with Video string and send icons
    var buttonId = ZmOperation.ZIMLET + 1;
    ZmOperation.MSG_KEY[buttonId] = "video";
    ZmOperation.MSG_KEY_TT[buttonId] = "video";
    ZmOperation.IMAGE[buttonId] = "Send";
    ZmOperation.DIS_IMAGE[buttonId] = "SendDis";
    ZmOperation.addOperation(toolbar, buttonId, buttons);

toolbar.addSelectionListener(buttonId, new AjxListener(composerCtrl, this._videoListener));

};
    Cheers,
    Marty

Yep I bet it's a race condition with zimlets loading and the composer getting loaded. You may be able to work around this with a timed action to delay the changes but even that will leave a chance of a race condition. The toolbar gets created here:

ZmComposeController.prototype._setView

So may want to add a line of debug in that call to see when it's called exactly. I think we pre-create this view at start-up.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Yep I bet it's a race condition with zimlets loading and the composer getting loaded. You may be able to work around this with a timed action to delay the changes but even that will leave a chance of a race condition. The toolbar gets created here:

ZmComposeController.prototype._setView

So may want to add a line of debug in that call to see when it's called exactly. I think we pre-create this view at start-up.
    Hmm, I don't think the init function is being called. I put an alert call in there and it's not happening. I also populated a global value in my js and that's not happening either. Am I correct that if you create a function here:

<zimlet name>.prototype.init =

that it would be called when the zimlet was initialized? I based this on the other zimlets listed as examples such as Amazon and Wiki. Can you guys confirm that this is indeed being called?

Cheers,
    Marty

It's called. You need to make sure your <zimlet>.properties lists your js file and the handlerObject (aka constructor) that will be called when it's loaded. So like:

Code:
    <zimlet name="com_zimbra_ymaps" version="1.1" description="Yahoo Maps">
    -->   <include>ymaps.js</include>
    	<includeCSS>ymaps.css</includeCSS>
    	<resource>blank_pixel.gif</resource>
    	<resource>ymaps.gif</resource>
    -->    <handlerObject>Com_Zimbra_YMaps</handlerObject>

FYI, the issue turned out to be the order of the init function definition and the prototype construction. You want to make sure the init function is listed after you do the prototype work. Here's a short example:

Com_Rs_Compose.prototype = new ZmZimletBase();
    Com_Rs_Compose.prototype.constructor = Com_Rs_Compose;

Com_Rs_Compose.prototype.init = function() {
    }

It seems obvious now that I think of it but initially I didn't think that getting it overwritten was possible. Silly me.

Cheers,
    Marty