Thread: Does ZCS webclient support RFC 2369?

Default Does ZCS webclient support RFC 2369?

I'm embroiled, on another thread and a bug, in "Zimbra webclient doesn't properly thread messages by In-Reply-To".

(And, no, that's not a feature request, it is a bug. It's a bug that Gmail doesn't do it, as well.)

Anyway, the followup to that is, "Does the Z webclient properly handle messages with RFC 2369 mailing list headers?"

Specifically, mailing list traffic should prompt a Mail User Agent, when asked to reply, to do one of two things:

1) Prompt the user whether to reply to the list or the sender, or

2) Reply to the list, unless the recipient uses a separate command to reply to the sender,

where the definition of "the list" is "the value of the List-Post header in the message".

(Some lists don't have the 2369 headers -- though all Mailman lists do -- the preferred approach here, due originally to Mutt, is to be able to add the list's To: address to a list, define it as a mailing list, and have the MUA behave this same way, generating replies with the To: address set to the *To:* address of the message.)

Something tells me that if we don't handle In-Reply-To right, we're not going to get this one right either...

Anyone handle mailing list traffic on Z? How's that working out for you?
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA
    Try to Ask Questions The Smart Way -- you'll get better answers.

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    If you [SOLVE] something, please tell everyone how for the archives
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

As an extension, It Would Be Nice If Z knew to add a "Mailing List" dropdown menu on messages tagged this way, with, say an "Unsubscribe" link, etc, keyed to the 2369 headers found in the message.

This is a feature request. :-)
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA
    Try to Ask Questions The Smart Way -- you'll get better answers.

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    If you [SOLVE] something, please tell everyone how for the archives
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.