Guys,
Following the directions given in ZimbraServer/docs/INSTALL.txt, I have installed all the components i.e. tomcat, mysql, ldap and now I am trying to build ZimbraServer using ant. I couldnt get connected to perforce but I got the source from cvs.zimbra.com. In LDAP, after installing sleepycat, I found that one of the tests was failing due to some version mismatch. I ingored the test and moved forward to install LDAP which completed without any problems.
Then I added zimbraServer, ZimbraWebclient and Ajax directories as projects in java prespective on eclipse. But once I try to build ZimbraServer using ant with the target "reset-the-world", I get whole lot of errors. Below is top few lines of the errors I am getting.
clean: ...
build-init: ...
[mkdir] Created dir: /opt/zimbra/ZimbraServer/build/dist/openldap/etc/openldap/schema
[mkdir] Created dir: /opt/zimbra/ZimbraServer/build/generated/src/java
[mkdir] Created dir: /opt/zimbra/ZimbraServer/build/dist/zimlets
[mkdir] Created dir: /opt/zimbra/ZimbraServer/build/dist/zimlets-extra
compile:
[javac] Compiling 751 source files to /opt/zimbra/ZimbraServer/build/classes
[javac] ----------
[javac] 1. WARNING in /opt/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/account/Account.java
[javac] (at line 38)
[javac] public static enum CalendarUserType {
[javac] ^^^^
[javac] 'enum' should not be used as an identifier, since it is a reserved keyword from source level 5.0 on
[javac] ----------
[javac] ----------
[javac] 2. ERROR in /opt/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/account/Account.java
[javac] (at line 38)
[javac] public static enum CalendarUserType {
[javac] ^^^^
[javac] Syntax error on token "enum", class expected
[javac] ----------
[javac] 3. ERROR in /opt/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/account/Account.java
[javac] (at line 38)
................... and many many more

I couldnt quite get to the bottom of problem as there seems to be a mismatch between the version of jdk I have on my machine and the version the code was written in. My java version is 1.4.2.
Can anybody help me with this please. I downloaded files from CRAY folder at zimbra which is supposed to be last stable release.
Thanks