Thread: [SOLVED] java soap problem

Default [SOLVED] java soap problem

Dear all,

I just started to write soap code for zimbra and have immediately problem.
    After sending the following request to https://myserver:7071/service/admin/soap, I saw the following error in mailbox.log

2008-10-21 17:30:14,572 INFO [btpool0-1485] [ip=x.x.x.x;] SoapEngine - handler exception: authentication failed for uo@abc.com, account not found

The request I sent as below:

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><soap:Body><AuthRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraAccount"><account xmlns="" by="id">uo@abc.com</account><password xmlns="">123</password></AuthRequest></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

And browser show the following exception:

java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://myserver:7071/service/admin/soap

BTW: my zimbra server host 2 domains, for exmaple, abc.com & xyz.com. I have uo@abc.com and uo@xyz.com email, both can login to zimbra web ui without any problem.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Vincent Chen

Hello,
    I just had the same problem, here are my hints:
    1. Try "name" instead of "id".
    2. if no success: Take Mozilla-FF and download the plugin called POSTER. There you can Post the soap envelops via HTML. So you can find out if there are syntactical errors.
    3. If no syntactical errors and POSTER does deliver successfully and jour java-programm does not, then take wireshark and analyse what is realy sent to the server. So I found out that my programm made some unwanted encoding in the text, so that Zimbra did not understand the soap-package.

With these steps I could get it run from Codegear C++ Builder/Indy-HTTP Components. The AuthRequest finaly worked fine for me.

good luck

Hi,

You are right, it should be 'name' instead of 'id'. I checked account detail again, id could be account's uuid like string and name is account's email. Now I can receive soap replay and proceed. Thanks you very much for your reply. It helps a lot.