Thread: Search Email via SOAP message

Hybrid View

Default Search Email via SOAP message

Hi

I want to search through an Email account. Normally I use the IMAP protocol to access the account and filter the emails according to some properties. Unfortunately, I saw that Zimbra does not support the filtering on all header properties. Therefore, I have to switch to SOAP (at least I hope to solve my problem with it). But I don't know how to use it.

Could anyone tell me the command (SearchRequest?) that I have to issue to the Zimbra Server? Is it even possible to filter out with SOAP some emails?

Hope you can get me some hints!

cheers

Before you go further, note that ZCS supports IMAP "SEARCH HEADER" searches as of 5.0.5 (see Bug 7384 – IMAP search on non-indexed header returns error). Do you need something besides that?
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Hey! Thanks for the hint!

Actually, it doesn't help me much because I don't know which version the server has and/or if it is possible to upgrade it easily. Therefore, I have to deal with the situation and implement a solution with SOAP.

But is my problem solvable with SOAP? I mean, if the problem are some missing index tables then I think a SOAP approach wouldn't fit too. Please, could somebody confirm that?

thanks

Well, why not just test and see? Telnet to port 143, 001 LOGIN <username> <password>, 002 SELECT INBOX, 003 SEARCH HEADER "Content-Disposition" attachment. Note that you need to pick an oddball header to test with, as Zimbra always supported searching on Subject, To, From, CC, and Message-ID.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!