Thread: [SOLVED] soap request header elements to force response header to contain notify/refr

Default [SOLVED] soap request header elements to force response header to contain notify/refr

Is there a specific set of tags in the headers of a SOAP request to the user service that will force the response to contain the refresh/notify elements?

We use the SOAP API to integrate one of our sites with Zimbra. One integration is to show users the number of unread e-mails in their INBOX on our site. We had been sending a NoOpRequest, without any special header content, to try to get the refresh/notify content and that appeared to be working fairly well until recently. We installed Zimbra Proxy and now we don't appear to be getting back the refresh/notify a lot of the time anymore.

Yes, i found this last night too.

Now you need to send the session id in order to receive a notify object back from the server if there are changes.

Ah, interesting. We were generally sending the session id, -except- in the cases when we wanted to try to force a response to contain the notify headers.

Anyway, I wound up not relying on the headers and going with a different approach that requires a little more I/O overhead. We're sending a GetFolderRequest and parsing that to get the number of unread e-mails.