Thread: How to get stable, released versions of Zimbra from public Perforce repository

Default How to get stable, released versions of Zimbra from public Perforce repository

Hi,

Is there a way to get the _exact_ same source code tree from Perforce repository which was used to create the official, released Zimbra versions? If I have understood correctly that it's not possible to directly define a revision on p4 command line? When I built Zimbra last time, I used this command line:

Code:
    p4 -u public -P public1234 -c public-view sync -f //depot/zcs/FRANKLIN-5011/...
    The resulting CentOS5 RPM packages have a larger revision number than the official Zimbra 5.0.11 release. What Zimbra version / revision am I really using? Is this the official release version regardless the revision number?
    Last edited by sasepp; 01-08-2009 at 04:05 AM.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

as far as I can tell, it's not possible. the public p4 cache seems to be incapable of using the same revision or date tags as the internal trees, and the 'stable' release branches - FRANKLIN_50x - are not frozen or seemingly the same as the official binaries. someone (not me) provides source drops to the community sourceforge site, they used to be unusable but worth checking out.

Oh, that's what I feared. I guess the only workaround would be to download the whole source tree periodically (2-4 times a day) prior to each release and hope that you get the actual released version... and that would be really silly.

Thanks for the information,

Samuli