Thread: Shared Zimbra Tasks and Documents for Meeting Minutes Capturing

Default Shared Zimbra Tasks and Documents for Meeting Minutes Capturing

We are using Zimbra Documents for writing meeting minutes. It is very convenient and secure. We can control access, etc.

However, we cannot create action items easily. I was hoping to do it through Tasks, but it cannot be done since Tasks cannot be assigned to other people from the group (very complicated workaround with shared task lists cannot work for a team of 6 ppl).

Therefore, I suggest what I believe would be a greate feature, and the infrastructute is already there. User could create a Task, assing to anyone else and relate that Task to a Document. Tasks can then be represented with ID
    in the document and the mouse roll-over would display all task info. Clicking on the ID would take you to the task itself. Once completed, task ID would become strikethrough (like in Trac or Bugzilla - when the bug is resolved).

Also, there is a need to do a report on tasks - related to one document, with certain status (complete, incomplete), and by owner (person the task is assigned to).

This way, if I get an action item, it will become a Task assigned to me. As I updated the status, the same status can be seen from the MEeting Minutes Document that has the reference to the Task. Once I complete my task, the
    reference in the document would become strikethrough.

With these modifications, Zimbra would become a #1 solution for meeting minutes and action items writing and reporting. I would be very interested in seeing this feature as it would add huge benefit to us and our clients.

Thanks,
    Goran

Please file a RFE for this at Bugzilla Main Page.

Hi,

I'm new to the RFE process. I have filed a simple bug with ID 34416. Would this do it for RFE?

Thanks,
    Goran

Looks good Hopefully people will vote for the enhancement.

Excellent sugestion, it sums up what I've been thinking of and I've cast my supporting vote in bugzilla!

I'd also appreciate the possibility of the tasks being stored in a shared folder, then it would be easy for everyone to follow the progress, and given the rights could also resign, take ownership etc.

:water