Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free to a good home

ok,
    so there are the notes in zimbra community builds wiki on sourceforge, (zimbra communiti builds project),
    some version of zimbra patches somewhere on sourceforge,
    and a very old version of Third party zimbra patches on
    Build notes for Zimbra v5 on Solaris - ACS - Confluence
    I'm going to build with these, and with sources of 5.0.12 from sourceforge (I still was not able to get sources by p4).

If somebody have the third party patches saved from sourceforge zimbra community build, please share, I think it will do the task much easier.

--
    Sergey

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

I'll post complete working patchset and build instructions at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by dijichi2 View Post
    I'll post complete working patchset and build instructions at the weekend.
    Thank you very much!
    --
    Sergey.

Thanks Dom!

FYI: The public cache server hung & has been rebooted.

Edit:
    Forgot to mention there's also a new buildZCS.sh script. Throw in java & ant, use arguments like -t to build third party first (and -p will pick from a public perl location), then build zimbra in one sweep.

Edit2: Seems we flipped -p "Use private Perl mirror when building 3rd party" default is cpan.yahoo.com
    Last edited by mmorse; 02-15-2009 at 11:04 PM.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Hmm, forgot my dijichi2 login so i'm now dijichi3.

Anyway, varlogmessages website is a joomla website with a commercial template, i have no idea how to sanitize it and put it up for download. So I've just reactivated it. If anyone wants an admin login to it, please email me. alternatively please feel free to just copy and paste the content into your own website. Apologies for taking it down in the first place, I didn't think anyone was actually interested in it.

Here are patches for 5.0.10, the last version I patched for. It should work for Solaris 10 and Opensolaris 2008.11.
    Main patch
    ThirdParty patch

Here is the version submitted by Sun to Zimbra (and ignored/rejected, from what I can understand). I think it's the same as mine but rolled into one, but I haven't checked it:
    SUN patch

One thing to note. It's really important to continue the philosophy of the patchset of get_plat_env.sh. This carries a lot of vital system parameters through the zimbra build process that are not in the current system. It also makes it very easy to patch other non-linux systems, for example I used it to produce a 100% working patch for FreeBSD within a single day - which I have unfortunately since lost

Please don't hesitate to contact me through email if you need any help with the process - zimbra@ijichi.org. Best of luck.

dom

Course you hit the watchdog with the new user
    The address on your dijichi2 account was zimbra2 @ ijichi (I've sent a reminder) / let me know if still stuck / can merge these. (You also had 'bigdom'.)

Edit:
    Merged and used plain zimbra @ ijichi as address. (Just request a reset if you can't login, it will say "Forgotten your password? Click here".)
    Last edited by mmorse; 03-09-2009 at 04:48 PM.

A new version for OpenSolaris 2008.11 is available in the community site. Please use it and report any bugs.
    I will upload the patch (for OpenSolaris 2008.11) before this week ends.

I'm trying to build zimbra-5.0.13 for solaris-10 x86.
    Patches for zimbra-5.0.12 for opensolaris applied to 5.0.13 cleanly, without any rejects. I've fixed some issues in the build process with using /usr/gnu/bin/* utilities which are not available in Solaris-10, and then added instructions to build libtool and pcre and install them in /opt/zimbra for Solaris. After that all but SpamAssasin was built, and I've remade tarball for perl libs as Dom recommended, and got zimbra packages. But they were not installable :-(. Install scripts were using the same /usr/gnu/bin/* utils.
    Then I've spent some days and now these packages are installable. But I have a lot of files which are not packed into them, like /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/* files from perl modules from Third Parties and from ZimbraBuild itself.
    When I tried to copy these absent files to see if zimbra can upgrade from 4.5.4_GA_754.SOLARIS10.TEST2_i386, we are using now (Dom's build), It is failing, But his 5.0.9 binary build upgrading everything without problems.
    I can publish somewhere, for example on sf zimbracommunity wiki pages, my steps, my problems and my attempts to fix them.
    --
    Sergey.

@serivo, good work. The opensolaris patches would require more than /usr/gnu/bin changes. For example, sudo, gsed and other utils are available in the main repo itself and no need for Blastwave at all. But with S10, you would need to change all of them (gsed -> /opt/csw/bin/gsed; sudo -> /opt/csw/bin/sudo; in one place /etc/sudoers -> /opt/csw/etc/sudoers; and so on)
    IMO, you should list your experiences in this forum only.