Thread: CreateMountpointRequest

Default CreateMountpointRequest

I'm struggling with allowing users to attach files which are not actually on the client, but are instead located on a SAN which is not accessable by the client. I've pondered many different ways to do this -- I read the FileUpload doc and considered faking a client long enough to stuff the files in and getting a token, and I've thought about trying to do this via zimlet. But right now a good solution hasn't become apparent.

I was looking at the SOAP doc and noticed 'CreateMountpointRequest', which *if* it was talking about an NFS mount point would be the solution to my problems. But it looks like a 'shared folder' concept so it doesn't solve my problem.

Still it seems interesting none-the-less, more dynamic shared data has some exciting potential. Unfortunately the SOAP doc has no documentation around this.

Could someone explain mountpoints and what CreateMountpointRequest would be used for?

CreateMountpointRequest allows a user to share a folder with others. If you do a "$set:debug 1" in the web client and share your calendar folder you can see how it is used.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::