Thread: Custom GAL

Exclamation Custom GAL

I'd want (my firm want) that the Global Adress List present entries from our intranet. In fact, we have in our intranet some Distributions lists. Our intranet is based on a postgresql database and is written in C#. We expose some webservices in order that foreign app (java like zimbra) could access to some data of our intranet.
    I have two problems:
    * The GAL could only talk to an external LDAP (and our intranet doesn't have LDAP).
    In looking on the penrose project that can emulate a LDAP server and translate LDAP request to SQL request... but the project is not too mature...
    So i'm writing a little LDAP server in C# that could answer to zimbra LDAP search query

* We want to present only the distribution lists the user have access to:
    The problem is that there is no way to transmit authenticate the user (and not a service account) against the LDAP GAL server...
    -> I can't know who is talking to the LDAP server, so It's impossible to show only the distribution lists the user have access to:

-> Is there a way to bind the user to the GAL LDAP?

-> Is there a way to develop a "GAL plugin" that could talk to a webservice or a TCP/IP server or an XML source?

Thanks

Today there is no way to get the user on a GAL query. One way would be to write a simple Zimlet that would search your list of distro lists. This can talk XML or any other protocol via a JSP. It will know the user and let you do per user searching. Not perfect as you don't get all the touch points but it's a good start.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.