Thread: Reinitialize Zimbra application programmatically

Default Reinitialize Zimbra application programmatically

I am looking to reinitialize (reload) the application by sending some data to server. This data work as a criteria for server when sending GetInfoResponse back. For example, when user clicks on a dropdown menuitem this menu calls for reinitialize by sending some data. Server uses this data to filter mail list and other options during composing the response. Following are few approaches -

1. Initiate GetInfoRequest server call from menuitem listener. - I get GetInfoResponse however don't know how to render it on UI. Also I can't send criteria with this call.

2. Call ZmZimbraMail.restart(settings) - For this settings object is required. I tried creating it with some hard-coded data (for testing) however it doesn't seem to work. Again I can't send criteria data with this.

I am unable to reinitialize the application programmatically by posting some data. Is there any way to do this?

Are you trying to do this via a Zimlet? If so, have you tried:

Code:
    window.location='https://my.zimbra.org/zimbra/';

Default Reinitialize Zimbra application programmatically

Hi ab5602,

I am trying to do it thru code custmization. I am following similar approach however I can't send data thru request body in this case and if I send the data thru query string then the data is not available to SOAPServlet on server. I observed ZmZimbraMail.restart(settings) method in code however unable to get that method call work. I got serveral errors while trying to call that method thru my code. Not sure if this method is meant for what I am trying to get it do.
    Is there any way by which I call for restart by sending some data thru request body?

Thanks!