Thread: Intranet Inbox View

Default Intranet Inbox View

I'm working on our internal intranet, and would love to enable users to see how manu unread emails they have in their Zimbra Inbox, and even be able to list the top 10 (unread / all) emails.

If you have ever customised your google home page, and got it to show you your googlemail account, you will know what I'm trying to acheve.

If the zimbra server could supply a simple web page, then I could just use an IFRAME. (Me thinks I'm going to have a quick look around at the mobile phone display).

I will also want to do something similar with calendar and tasks...

Any ideas?

We did this by simply wrapping the zimbra mobile client into a frame on our intranet (using the zimbra preauthkey of course, so that the users don't have to login). The fonts are a little bit big (we've not spent any real time looking to see if there's a way to scale everything down), but it works for what we were trying to accomplish. You can also eaily click to see the calendar and tasks, too, though if you're wanting to display a user's calendar for the day, there's probably more flexibility with an ical feed.

I've had a look at the mobile HTML, but think it has too much ability. I just want them to look, and not touch.

As for:
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandoflorez View Post
    pre-auth with the rest api is the way to go.
    Can you explain a little more? or point me in the right direction.

oh yeah, sorry.

If you checkout zimbra's source folder you will find some .txt files. Some of them explain their rest/soap apis (soap.txt for example).

You can download a json, rss, zip, etc. from their rest api and use that to display what you need on your intranet.

Pre-auth is to avoid the need for the user to login twice (one for the intranet and one for zimbra).

Check out those txt files and let me know if you have any question.

Cheers!

Thanks fernandoflorez,

I hadn't realised there was so much documentation hidden in the zimbra software. Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    I hadn't realised there was so much documentation hidden in the zimbra software. Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do.
    One of the problems with something as complex as Zimbra is the documentation, in particular Dev docs. It would be *really* nice if Zimbra could put out updated and complete API docs, for all levels of integration and development.

-joho