Thread: Integrating Zimbra with a web portal

Hybrid View

Default Integrating Zimbra with a web portal

Hi,

I am working with a personalised web 2.0 portal that has number of widgets, I would like to write a widget to display last 4 email Subjects from a userís inbox, so mainly I have 2 questions:

1. I will authenticate the user in my web portal, so how can I authenticate with Zimbra (without asking the user to re-enter credentials), also I want to retrieve last 4 emails from the userís inbox (preauth URL will not help me in that scenario, as I only need to display last 4 emails subject not to eredirect the user to his inbox).

2. Is there a way that I can reset \ change userís passwords from a third party application (i.e the web portal I have mentioned earlier)

I am using C# ASP.NET 3.5, If am going to use the SOAP interface for Zimbra, I am assuming that I can build a proxy using .NET, but how can I download Zimbraís WSDL

Any help is much appreciated,

Cheers

Re: "how can I authenticate with Zimbra (without asking the user to re-enter credentials)" see this:

Preauth - Zimbra :: Wiki

You can always POP and fetch the headers of the first 4 messages of the user and make it transparent (though heavy on the zimbra box even if you use caching). Also you can use SOAP for that as well but perhaps POP is easier for your portal? In any case, install a firebug in your firefox and see the SOAP commands exchanging between web and zimbra and try to replicate the ones you need. Also you can read about zmmailbox. Many options for you

To change user's password there's many ways, from SOAP to CLI. Choose the one you like most (ie SOAP hehe).

Hi VS_onD,

Many thanks for your reply,,, but I am a novice to Zimbra,, so would you please provide some examples for the SOAP interface.
    I managed to get preauth to work,, but as I said cant see how can I load Zimbra client and make it transparent then snatch top 4 emails.

Cheers

To snatch the last 4 emails use one of the mentioned ways.

About SOAP, I guess you can search the forum and find others that use .Net.

I use PHP for my needs. This forum is a fountain of knowledge so it's best to keep notes and bookmarks!