Thread: Tmda

Default Tmda

Hi everybody.

I am considering making a jump from Sendmail to Zimbra. Currently I have TMDA up and running on my Sendmail server and SpamAssassin. I love TMDA and don't care too much for SpamAssassin....but maybe I'm not using it to it's full potential.

In anycase.....can TMDA be configured for use on Zimbra as well?

I notice that Zimbra is geared for importing accounts out of Exchange but is there also an easy way to import my existing Sendmail accounts into Zimbra?

The product looks great! I can't wait to give it a whirl!

Cheers,

Travis Bullock

Where are your accounts stored today? You can use zmprov to create new accounts in Zimbra from the command line.

Do you have any mail to migrate(ie IMAP accounts)? Or is all the mail POP only?

As for TDMA we don't support it out of the box but you should be able to add it. They claim postfix support and that's what we use for our MTA.

Thanks Kevin.

Currently I use Sendmail as my mail server so all of my users mail accounts are there. As far as message store goes, all users keep their messages in their respective ".pst" files.

Any tricks on getting the content out of there (.pst) and into their message store on Zimra?

Quote Originally Posted by tbullock
    Thanks Kevin.

Currently I use Sendmail as my mail server so all of my users mail accounts are there.
    I assume there is a command you can use to get a list of user names from your sendmail server? Can you also get passwords?

Quote Originally Posted by tbullock
    As far as message store goes, all users keep their messages in their respective ".pst" files.

Any tricks on getting the content out of there (.pst) and into their message store on Zimra?
    For PST import user's have to get provisioned on Zimbra and then configure an IMAP account. You can then drag the mail from the local PST folders to the IMAP account via Outlook. This will allow Zimbra to load and index all the mail. Please be warned this is VERY slow if your on a remote link. In the future we'd like to add an option to do a bulk load of PST files but that's currently not available.

Default tdma (2)

Just wanted to follow up on the tdma info request. Do I need to get "under the covers" and configure tdma with postfix? Pl. advise. Tx.

Default Info on TMDA?

Hi!

I would be interested as well on info on how to integrate TMDA with zimbra.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Patrick

Best bet is to look for how-to's on integrating it with Postfix. Then adapt that doc to Zimbra.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.