Thread: Help getting JS file to Reload

Default Help getting JS file to Reload

I'm needing to change the url for the logo on the main mail page, in the upper left hand corner, after logging in to zimbra mail. According to the rebranding pdf, you change the webapps/zimbra/js/zimbraMail/shared/model/ZmSetting.js => LOGO_URI ( the pdf notes the incorrect attribute by the way ) value from http://www.zimbra.com to your url. I've made the change and bounced the server using the zmcontrol stop/start, closed my browser, cleared my cache and logged back in, and the url is still pointing at www.zimbra.com. I've also tried just restarting tomcat, but that didn't fix it either.

How can I get the .js file to refresh, so the url will point my corporate domain url ?

Thanks.

Greg

Just to be clear only Network license customers may rebrand the Zimbra interface. The OSS license does not allow changing or removing the Zimbra logo.

In a production/binary build you need actually edit the .zgz file. This needs to be ungzipped or you can just edit the _all.js file and re-gzip it into the .zgz file.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

A related issue is a means of forcing reloads of clients. This has become a real issue for us as we did our own bug fixing, or perform an upgrade. After sending round jubiliant emails declaring all my users' bug fixed, I spend the rest of the day on the phone explaining how to clear a browser cache.

I am guessing that the browser is ignoring the query string v option or that I am missing something in the build info properties that. Or is the servlet output being cached for some reason? Is it worth reassessing the cache control headers sent out by servlet / jsp response? Afterall, the actual html part of zimbra at that stages is somewhat light and wouldn't benefit that much from longterm caching, but does seem to hold up widespread deployment.

Just some thoughts. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Where are your bug fixes? (ie which files?) If your not doing a full redeploy(which includes tomcat restart) there may be some parts that remain cached. Adding more aggressive no-cache header to the launch*.jsp files as you say would be a good idea. Please add that to bugzilla.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.