Thread: Skinning problems

Default Skinning problems

Hi all. I am trying to make a custom skin but I'm facing some problems.

1) How do I remove the status bar (the one with the clock and the new msg notifications)
    2) How do I change what is in the top of the left column? I want to put the New... menu and the Check Mail button there.
    3) Can I move the View button to the top right, next to the navigation arrows? How?

Thanks in advance.

These are more advanced changes so can't be done with CSS alone. You should be able to provide an HTML file which will let you remove some of the content panes but the other changes may require code changes.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

I don't see any problem on changing the code. My problems are the following:

1) Just by commenting a table line on skin.html, the whole thing breaks and I cannot access the application anymore. (It stops on the splash screen)

2 and 3) I don't know where I need to make changes to reposition the buttons. I couldn't find the View button in the code to reposition it to the other toolbar. Also I couldn't replace the title with the New... button.

Any ideas?

PS: Problem 1 has a lower priority than 2 and 3.

1) That's true is you just remove something you'll have to make sure the code can handle it. Since the DOM of the app is all generated not ll the case have checks that elements are there. So some skin changes will require code changes. If you find something that is general purpose file a bugzilla ticket and we'll look at making that part of the skin flexible.

2/3) The easy way to trace things like this is use the DOM Inspector in Firefox to find the object/class name and then search the code for that name. Any other way requires you to have a deeper knowledge of code layout. So pointing you to an answer is not a general purpose solution.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.