Thread: catch-all account, domain to domain forwarding, web-client From field

Default catch-all account, domain to domain forwarding, web-client From field

Version: zcs-3.2.0_M1_134.RHEL4.tgz & zcs-3.2.0_M1_134.RHEL4_64.tgz

catch-all account
    Typically to create a catch-all one would use a *
    @domain.tld as an alias in the administration interface to someone@domain.tld. The backend postfix alias map would have the following:
    address - to
    @domain.tld - someone@domain.tld
    Question 1) I currently do not see this option in the administration interface. Can this be done via a CLI utility or manually by editing the zimbra LDAP database? If so can someone show an example.

domain to domain forwarding
    Typically to create a domain to domain one would use a *@domain2.tld as an alias in the administration interface to *@domain.tld. The backend postfix alias map would have the following:
    address - to
    @domain2.tld - @domain.tld
    Question 2) I currently do not see this option in the administration interface. Can this be done via a CLI utility or manually by editing the zimbra LDAP database? If so can someone show an example.

Note: In future releases these options might be appropriate in the section Configuration - @ domains - @domain.tld:
    A) catch-all account - with a check-box to enable and select an existing account in that domain
    B) domain to domain forwarding - with an check-box to enable and select a domain.
    web-client From field
    If an account has aliases or is a part of a DL it would be nice to be able to choose any of these aliases to send mail from.

Note: In future releases these options might be appropriate in the section:
    A) User's options - Mail tab - outgoing addresses with a check-box next to each alias (each alias checked would allow user to have a drop-down list in the from field of a draft). User could also select one as the default.
    B) Addresses - Accounts - Member of - each member could have a check box labeled allowed to send from DL? Also an administrator could also have a similar check box next to each alias they set up for an account (allow account to send as?).

Other notes - Source
    http://cvs.zimbra.com:8080/viewrep/zimbra_main is not available
    http://cvs.zimbra.com/ is up and pointing to a test page
    Is the cvs going through maintenance or being moved to sourceforge? Maybe the first link could be redirected to a page that states when this will be available?

I was going to build it on x86_64 CentOS 4.3 until I found the zcs-3.2.0_M1_134.RHEL4_64.tgz package at sourceforge. Is there an effort to make beta releases compatible with the next GA release?

Finally I wanted to say thanks for a great product and sorry for a lengthy post.

i think this stuff has come up around here before; some of what you want is covered in the wiki - ManagingDomains

1. this will deliver mail for *@domain.com to user@domain.com (kinda sketchy because spam will always be delivered):

zmprov ma user@domain.com zimbraMailCatchAllAddress @domain.com

2. this will deliver mail for x@domain2.com to x@domain.com:

zmprov cd domain2.com zimbraDomainType alias zimbraMailCatchAllAddress @domain2.com zimbraMailCatchAllForwardingAddress @domain.com

3. several bugs are open on the subject of setting the from address:

Bug 4907 - smart reply

Bug 5862 - Select From: address when sending mail

Bug 6692 - select From: header from among aliases

4. i think cvs is being overhauled; not sure when it will return.

Default Reversing catchall

So, I got the catchall working, now I want to stop and start rejecting the e-mails to anything@domain.com

Thoughts??

Default Catch all for multiple domains

Hi

How can i set ut one account as a catch all for 3 domains?