I am working on building Zimbra MacOS from Main. Running into problems, but I thought I would document them as I go to help others. Machine is Snow Leopard quad core core box with 8GB of RAM.
1) You need Apple's Developer tools + Port.
1) Snow Leopard doesn't have Java 5.0, which parts of Zimbra still need.
Fix: (From OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - OneSwarm Wiki)
Then change Java settings in the Java Preferences app.
curl -o java.1.5.0-leopard.tar.gz http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/isdal/snow_leopard_workaround/java.1.5.0-leopard.tar.gz
tar -xvzf java.1.5.0-leopard.tar.gz
sudo mv 1.5.0 /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0-leopard
sudo rm 1.5.0
sudo ln -s 1.5.0-leopard 1.5.0
sudo rm 1.5
sudo ln -s 1.5.0 1.5
2) You need a second copy of Java for distribution purposes.
2) You need Xcode from apple. It should be on your Snow Leopard install disk.
3) You need MacPorts. Download from here: Index of /MacPorts (I used 1.8.2 for Snow Leopard). Once you have installed, open up a terminal window and type:
4) Check out the latest code from perforce (will copy this from existing documention).
Change directory to /Users/public/p4/zcs/main.
run ./buildZCS.sh -t
Two things are breaking: cyrus-sasl and Perl.
(To be continued as I figure it out).