Thread: Exact release date of Zimbra 3.2?

Question Exact release date of Zimbra 3.2?

Good morning!

Is there a more specific release date than Q3/2006 available? I have to make plans for testing and going live (I'm asked daily for functions which are coming with the next release) so it would be good (that means I need) to have a more specific date like e.g. week 35.

Thanks
    McPringle

Quote Originally Posted by McPringle
    Good morning!

Is there a more specific release date than Q3/2006 available? I have to make plans for testing and going live (I'm asked daily for functions which are coming with the next release) so it would be good (that means I need) to have a more specific date like e.g. week 35.

Thanks
    McPringle
    I am also waiting for it.

Unfortunetly, I don't think an EXACT date can be given. As you may very well know - Quality is always number 1. They have to make sure that the GA release is up to par, and won't break your system. That's why we're testing M2 now.

Barring the unveiling of any new Critical/Blocker bugs, it should be available in about two weeks (projected).

jh

Quote Originally Posted by wannabetenor
    Unfortunetly, I don't think an EXACT date can be given. As you may very well know - Quality is always number 1. They have to make sure that the GA release is up to par, and won't break your system. That's why we're testing M2 now.

Barring the unveiling of any new Critical/Blocker bugs, it should be available in about two weeks (projected).

jh
    I am testing 3.2 Beta M2, but don't test the "Notebook" funtion.
    It is a woeful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by McPringle
    Good morning!

Thanks
    McPringle
    You can't rush it, its like a fine bottle of wine. You will never find the folks at Markham rushing the reserves out the door

I know it is frustrating not to know when, but I think the Zimbra folks are smart at how they handle releases. It is ready when it is ready...no false release dates, no fake hype.