Thread: AjaxTK - Communcation Example?

Hybrid View

Default AjaxTK - Communcation Example?

Looking for an example in the TK regarding how the Ajax communcation works.
    Somewhat surprised we have an Ajax TK and no example of how to use Ajax communications from the client side? ;-)

I've looked at the popup debugger window and I can see the soap request going out and the JSON returned, but I'm no closer to understanding:

1) How did the client send that soap request out? What method was called? How was the request formed and what arguments were passed to the method? What event triggered that method?

2) What does the TK need to do in order to read the JSON returned into a list widget?

I've even brought up the Zimbra client in a JS debugger and watched it doing various things, but so much of the data transfer is happening in the initial rendering of the main page that I don't see any way of requesting the address book information as a separate request.

Hoping Ross might point us to a good example in the Client source code, or whip out a simple example; for instance, how would I download the AddressBook list in a simple example JSP on the client, from your hosted demo? (Or something similar)

thanks!
    Jeff-

Well the best example of all the items you mentioned it the Zimbra UI itself. You can see all of this in that code. It's under ZimbraWebClient/WebRoot/js.

Check out the code in:

ZimbraWebClient/WebRoot/js/zimbra/csfe/ZmCsfeAsynchCommand.js