Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to install source code of zimbra

Default I want to install source code of zimbra

Hi guys,
    I have installed binary version of zimbra, and now I want to compile and install source code of zimbra, but I can not find the source code package,
    who can tell me where I can download the source code from sourceforge.net?
    Or perhaps I only need use svn to download the neweast version?

Thanks.

Michael

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You need to use SVN, see this thread
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks very much.

I have downloaded the source code using svn. Now what can I do? Read document and then compile?

Quote Originally Posted by wildhuman
    Thanks very much.

I have downloaded the source code using svn. Now what can I do? Read document and then compile?
    Yes, I'm afraid it's a bit of reading for you. Don't forget that you will need to download all the third-party applications as well.
    Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    Yes, I'm afraid it's a bit of reading for you. Don't forget that you will need to download all the third-party applications as well.
    Thank you Phoenix. What do you mean that all the third-party applications? I downloaded the source code including ThirdPart folder, which are all make files. You meaning is that I should download software such as apache, tomcat, java and so on? not only this source code package using svn?

As I don't know much about compiling Zimra I was under the impression that all the thrid-party products had to be downloaded seperately, I could be wrong though.
    Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by wildhuman
    Thank you Phoenix. What do you mean that all the third-party applications? I downloaded the source code including ThirdPart folder, which are all make files. You meaning is that I should download software such as apache, tomcat, java and so on? not only this source code package using svn?
    ThirdParty has only the Makefiles for the 3rd party code. We don't reship code to Postfix, SA, Perl, OpenLDAP, MySQL, etc.. All of that would make the source package HUGE and there are some licensing reasons why it's a bad idea. Regardless we have some ideas on how to make this better. Maybe provide a script that will wget all the needed sources for you, so it will just build then directly from SVN.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Thanks.

Ok, I will download all the third part software that needs.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    ThirdParty has only the Makefiles for the 3rd party code. We don't reship code to Postfix, SA, Perl, OpenLDAP, MySQL, etc.. All of that would make the source package HUGE and there are some licensing reasons why it's a bad idea. Regardless we have some ideas on how to make this better. Maybe provide a script that will wget all the needed sources for you, so it will just build then directly from SVN.
    I actually have been working on a ant file to do exactly that. However, I am currently playing around with just installing zimbra from rpm on the server, and then using the source code to overwrite the existing database. That seems to work well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by lostknight
    I actually have been working on a ant file to do exactly that. However, I am currently playing around with just installing zimbra from rpm on the server, and then using the source code to overwrite the existing database. That seems to work well so far.
    Is it useful? My mean is if I modified some codes or I developed some codes for myself, how should I do? Only compile these code then over write the existing database? Can you write a simple comments?
    Or is it possible: download rpm of zimbra, then compile the source code to overwrite the the same rpm of zimbra, then install the new rpm of zimbra?
    Thanks.