Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: I want to install source code of zimbra

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    9

    Default I want to install source code of zimbra

    Hi guys,
    I have installed binary version of zimbra, and now I want to compile and install source code of zimbra, but I can not find the source code package,
    who can tell me where I can download the source code from sourceforge.net?
    Or perhaps I only need use svn to download the neweast version?

    Thanks.

    Michael

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    You need to use SVN, see this thread
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Thanks very much.

    I have downloaded the source code using svn. Now what can I do? Read document and then compile?

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildhuman
    Thanks very much.

    I have downloaded the source code using svn. Now what can I do? Read document and then compile?
    Yes, I'm afraid it's a bit of reading for you. Don't forget that you will need to download all the third-party applications as well.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    Yes, I'm afraid it's a bit of reading for you. Don't forget that you will need to download all the third-party applications as well.
    Thank you Phoenix. What do you mean that all the third-party applications? I downloaded the source code including ThirdPart folder, which are all make files. You meaning is that I should download software such as apache, tomcat, java and so on? not only this source code package using svn?

  6. #6
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    As I don't know much about compiling Zimra I was under the impression that all the thrid-party products had to be downloaded seperately, I could be wrong though.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildhuman
    Thank you Phoenix. What do you mean that all the third-party applications? I downloaded the source code including ThirdPart folder, which are all make files. You meaning is that I should download software such as apache, tomcat, java and so on? not only this source code package using svn?
    ThirdParty has only the Makefiles for the 3rd party code. We don't reship code to Postfix, SA, Perl, OpenLDAP, MySQL, etc.. All of that would make the source package HUGE and there are some licensing reasons why it's a bad idea. Regardless we have some ideas on how to make this better. Maybe provide a script that will wget all the needed sources for you, so it will just build then directly from SVN.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Thanks.

    Ok, I will download all the third part software that needs.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    ThirdParty has only the Makefiles for the 3rd party code. We don't reship code to Postfix, SA, Perl, OpenLDAP, MySQL, etc.. All of that would make the source package HUGE and there are some licensing reasons why it's a bad idea. Regardless we have some ideas on how to make this better. Maybe provide a script that will wget all the needed sources for you, so it will just build then directly from SVN.
    I actually have been working on a ant file to do exactly that. However, I am currently playing around with just installing zimbra from rpm on the server, and then using the source code to overwrite the existing database. That seems to work well so far.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lostknight
    I actually have been working on a ant file to do exactly that. However, I am currently playing around with just installing zimbra from rpm on the server, and then using the source code to overwrite the existing database. That seems to work well so far.
    Is it useful? My mean is if I modified some codes or I developed some codes for myself, how should I do? Only compile these code then over write the existing database? Can you write a simple comments?
    Or is it possible: download rpm of zimbra, then compile the source code to overwrite the the same rpm of zimbra, then install the new rpm of zimbra?
    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. QUE Failure
    By tbullock in forum Administrators
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 01:17 PM
  2. Debian ETCH Install Well Done Zimbra!
    By bobthebuilder in forum Installation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 03:52 AM
  3. dspam logrotate errors
    By michaeln in forum Users
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 12:45 PM
  4. zimbra-core missing
    By kinaole in forum Developers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 12:59 PM
  5. Zimbra server crashed
    By goetzi in forum Administrators
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 01:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •