Thread: Regressed enhancement - choosing a view via URL

Default Regressed enhancement - choosing a view via URL

It appears the 3.2 has regressed a previously working enhancement to be able to select a specific view via url. For example, going to /zimbra/mail?app=mail&view=compose&to=somebody@domain.com would take you directly to the compose page with the to address prefilled. This appears to no longer work in the 3.2 beta 2 release.

I believe this was #6891 in bugzilla, which oddly was never marked closed or resolved but worked none-the-less in 3.1.1 onward. Did the parameters change? I hope its that simple because this is a very important feature for us and would repressent a major setback were it no longer functioning.

Update
    We *also* were using ZmComposeController.doAction() at another point to change the view and this also seems to no longer work. So it may not be the parameter, but something else thats no longer working.
    Last edited by Coilcore; 08-15-2006 at 03:14 PM.

Looks like your right, doesn't seem to work on my local build. Please file a bug or comment on the bug and we'll see if we can add it into the final release. If you've got the number handy just post the link here for others.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Bug 9688 has been filed to get this fixed for 4.0 GA
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Thanks. But bug #9688 looks like something else about maintenance mode.

Sorry bug 9968 (it's now fixed)

Default Not fixed in 4.0GA

With 4.0GA released this is the first thing I've checked and its NOT fixed. This is a pretty core feature for us and seems like something that many people ask about. The most unfortunate thing is that we've been doing development against 4.0 and will be unable to release anything to our users until this bug is fixed.

I'd go and comment on the bug but I get a giant " You are not authorized to access bug #9968."

Default Fixed the bug access

You should now have full access to bug 9968. Sorry for the visibility issue!
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

This is working in the GA - correct qs is ?view=compose
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!