Thread: web client

Hybrid View

Lightbulb web client

Is there any interest in decoupling the web client from the back end server and running it as a seperate project? It seems to me that most of the extended features could be achieved through options settings and existing standards and extensions. The web client is in itself a compelling project that I think could attract a much larger community...

We think many of the compelling features require both. If you remove our back end how will you do conversations? indexing? searching? calendar? contacts? None of these significant features can be used in a simple IMAP enviroment.

May I ask where your mail is now and how you expect the web client to get it? There may be a better way to get want you want without trying to pry Zimbra apart.

In another mail server. I'm not really interested in changing mail servers or infrastructure, just interested in the web client itself.

Quote Originally Posted by aco
    In another mail server. I'm not really interested in changing mail servers or infrastructure, just interested in the web client itself.
    Best option if you don't want to move at this time would be to forward or copy/forward mail to zimbra. You can send via smtp to go via our virus/spam filters of just LMTP if you want it to go directly to our mail store.