Thread: auto refresh for every 5 min in standard html

Default auto refresh for every 5 min in standard html

Hello all,

default standard html version, won't refreshes for the new mail automatically. i want to search for new mails for every 5 min. so i want to add java script for refreshing same page for every 5 min.

In adminconsole, the server polling option i set to 1 min. that is also not working .

if i need to add javascript , in which file i need to add, i added to login.jsp but it is not working.

Thanks in advance.

If I recall correctly, the ajax client is the default, and that does check regularly. Is there a specific reason to use the basic client, and if so, would it not be simpler to use a simple pop3 client?

we have a requirement for disallow a user to type in the To field,we will give a combo box , then a user can select one contact from the combo and he will click button .then the email id will added to the tofiled.
    I am able to find "compose mail" file in standard html file , but i am unable to find for the ajax client.thats why i am facing the problem of refreshing.

i will be very happy if can i get solution for modifying the ajax compose page.
    ---i modified the /h/compose file for standard html client.like that what file i need to modify for the ajax client

You better check out ZmComposeView.js in js/zimbraMail/mail/view directory.
    It creates the ajax compose page with Message.template.

most of the customization were already done in the standard . so if u instrct how to autorefresh , we can see the ajax version, in our next customization.

how to recreate the Message.template if i modified zmcomposeview.js , or else can i direclty edit the template file.

You can modify Message.template file. But then you have to run build for ZimbraWebClient project in Zimbra source repository, which generates a JavaScript file, Message.template.js, from that Message.template file and put it into an archived JavaScript file, MailCore_all.js.

If you modify Message.template.js, you have to modify MailCore_all.js also.

Hey Yutaka
    You say something about "run build for ZimbraWebClient", how to perform that operation?
    For instance, I want to set a header for my @domain.com, would it be possible to include it just by modifying those files you´ve mentioned above?

Regards,
    Juan ignacio