Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Web Client Loading ... Forever

There is a myslow.log which logs MySQL queries which are slow. Does top show and CPU usage or and IO Wait? Are all the drives local? Any attached storage of NFS mounts?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Default Please help a newbie

I hope I'm not violating any forum protocols...
    I am experiencing the same issue with FF just sitting and spinning. In the quote the keys are mentioned that will fix the issue.
    Two questions:
    1. Is there now a more accepted fix for this problem?
    or
    2. Keys usually have values associated with them. Where may I locate the keys and what are the values?

Quote Originally Posted by kenny810 View Post
    Thanks for the pointer to the JS console. I saw an error message there a while ago and never thought it could be so obstructive! Anyway, AjxMessageFormat constructor choked when it was passed an undefined parameter. It turns out quota message keys (quotaDescLimited and quotaDescUnimited) are missing in, ZimbraClient/WebRoot/js/zimbraMail/config/msgs/ZmMsg.properties.

Adding these keys resolved the 'Loading ...' forever issue.

However, the debugging with mode=mjsf doesn't work! According to its status display, my FF keeps spinning 'Transferring' and 'Waiting for ...'

Quote Originally Posted by Laynev View Post
    I hope I'm not violating any forum protocols...
    Protocols? Questions are questions. We like questions.

I am experiencing the same issue with FF just sitting and spinning. In the quote the keys are mentioned that will fix the issue.
    Two questions:
    1. Is there now a more accepted fix for this problem?
    There isn't currently any know problem.

2. Keys usually have values associated with them. Where may I locate the keys and what are the values?
    We need more info.
    What version of FF?
    Does it only happen on one machine? more than one machine?
    What about Internet Explorer?

I'm pretty positive that you will find that this is a FF only/user problem.

There is a known issue with FF where under certain circumstances, FF can drag to a halt. Last I heard, there was no known solution. I know about this, because I delt with it. Uninstall/reinstall didn't fix it. We had to move to IE.

Let me know how we can help.

john

Default FireFox Issues Revisited...

First, thanks for the kind reply.
    The version of FF is 2.0.0.1. IE 7 is a whole 'nother story. I'll get to that in a minute.
    My setup is Zimbra 4.5 running on Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper, I believe).
    When I say, "sitting and spinning", I mean the following. The page looks as if it has displayed completely except for the progress bar (at the bottom of the window) that never quite makes it to 100%. The message "transferring data from mail.mymail.com..." displays until I reload the page. Reloading the page causes Zimbra to log out and log back in.
    Another note of interest... During the time the "transferring" message is displayed I can click on links and navigate to other pages within Zimbra. Basically do most everything one might want to do except type into a form field. Typing seems to be disabled. Not surprising. During all of this navigation, the progress meter will still not go to 100% though.
    To date, the only way to get around this issue is to reload Zimbra. Sometimes Zimbra will go for hours before this isuue shows up and sometimes it shows up upon first page load

I agree with you that this is probably a "My" problem. I found this post and saw there was a solution to this issue. Was the previous poster not correct in the addition of the missing keys he spoke of?

On to IE7 (Thank you MS for turning us all into beta testers...)
    Upon loading Zimbra into IE7, I generally get a nice blank screen that shows only the Zimbra background. If I turn on debugging, I get about ten or twelve errors prior to the blank screen. Rarely will IE actually load the page. I, for one, assume this is probably an IE issue and thus I had not previously written you about it. I prefer not to use I anyway. If this IS a known problem, please advise.

Thanks,
    Layne
    Last edited by Laynev; 02-11-2007 at 07:46 AM.