Thread: New CheckBox

Default New CheckBox

Hello Folks ,

Ok so i have created a checkbok field below "notes" under address book in contact.

The problem now is when i save this new field called " version" as a checked item, then when i view it or even export it as spreadsheet, i get a value "true" under "version" .

I assume this is to say that the value "version" was checked. Now is there a way to hide this "true" on spreadsheet and not be visible at all ?

Hope that makes sense.

ZCS NE 6.02

LINUX.

Cheers

Any one ??

which file(s) to edit in order to hide the "true" value of a checked box when exported to spreadsheet ?

thanks !!

bumppppppp

can't believe zimbra forum to be so disappointing.

I think you have to assess your real needs. If you change the code, you have to make the change it all over again if you upgrade. Zimbra is a very low cost solution. Go look at the GoldMine forum; the VARs will be dripping all over you at $100k/year to give you check boxes. You don't need to give check boxes to 50,000 graduates of Woodrow Wilson High School, just e-mail. Comcast can add check boxes, but they make the decision up high not to upgrade for two to five years. This is the battle I'm fighting now in a 100 seat company - OMG it doesn't do X; therefore we must continue to use Outlook or Thunderbird or Apple Mail, whatever. Bite me. It solves 17 other problems beautifully and maybe we don't have to resurrect the command line code on a tattered post it every time the serve goes down that allows the chairman of our company to get his news letters from a Chinese sporting goods company that the rest of us would call spam. For the money, Zimbra is a darned good solution. A or B, you pick. Cheers, Al

Thanks for your reply.

But that doesn't really solve my problem. I agree zimbra is good but then if there is a way to expand it then how to go about it is my question .
    Maybe you misunderstood the question mate.

Sorry, I have this tendancy not to say what I mean. Don't mess with the code. I have no clue why, but I bet there's a good reason why a system that gives you four custom fields won't let you use them globally.

Right, but anyone here knows how to do it ?

Its so strange that i cant get answer to a simple issue here but many get answers to silly issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ash85 View Post
    Hello Folks ,

Ok so i have created a checkbok field below "notes" under address book in contact.

The problem now is when i save this new field called " version" as a checked item, then when i view it or even export it as spreadsheet, i get a value "true" under "version" .

I assume this is to say that the value "version" was checked. Now is there a way to hide this "true" on spreadsheet and not be visible at all ?

Hope that makes sense.

ZCS NE 6.02

LINUX.

Cheers
    Ash, I am really lost on what you are trying to do here. Which interface are you trying to modify? It sounds like you are complaining that once you export something, it's true value is showing up.

What UI are you using? How are you adding a checkbox?

I am trying to create new fields under notes field. I manage to get a checkbox in there . But when i check the box and save the contact , on the view panel i see "true" beside the checkbox. ANy way to change this true value to something else?
    No not when i export it but on the view panel where all the details of the contact is there . The new checkbox value shows as "true" . which i assume is default one but i need to change it to represent the field value . so when its checked , the value shown will be that of the field and not true. Hence when export the contact , i will have that value in the csv and not "true".

So the idea here is to change the default value of " true " to the field value.

UI ? its zcs 6.02

Thanks a lot