Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Few changes in webpanel

Question Few changes in webpanel

Hello,

We want to change a couple of things in webpanel, some we've made with succes, but still we don't know how to do some changes:
    - we want to turn off displaying of zimlets (in left panel)
    - in briefcase we want to set "detailed view" as default
    - in properties of mail setting we want change default settings:
    a) turn off preview of message fragment in subject of email, in panel
    b) in settings of redaction of message also we want to change a couple of default settings

Above changes should be are default in created new account.

Please help us.. tell, in which files these can be done, because our programmer tears one's hair out already , thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by loocek View Post
    Hello,

We want to change a couple of things in webpanel, some we've made with succes, but still we don't know how to do some changes:
    - we want to turn off displaying of zimlets (in left panel)
    - in briefcase we want to set "detailed view" as default
    - in properties of mail setting we want change default settings:
    a) turn off preview of message fragment in subject of email, in panel
    b) in settings of redaction of message also we want to change a couple of default settings

Above changes should be are default in created new account.

Please help us.. tell, in which files these can be done, because our programmer tears one's hair out already , thanks.
    you should be able to do these (almost) things in the cos settings. create a new cos with these and create new accounts in this cos.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post
    you should be able to do these (almost) things in the cos settings. create a new cos with these and create new accounts in this cos.
    Wish it was that easy .. none of these options isn't in the settings of COS.

Wish it was that easy .. none of these options isn't in the settings of COS.
    you can do some of these in CoS,

for disabling zimlet in ZWC, deselect all zimlets in the cos.

you can do some of these in CoS,

for disabling zimlet in ZWC, deselect all zimlets in the cos.
    Excuse you, but I checked and none of these options can not be changed in the settings of COS, point me if I'm wrong.

As for zimlets I don't want to deactivate them, I want to they work, but they were not visible in the panel.

Excuse you, but I checked and none of these options can not be changed in the settings of COS, point me if I'm wrong.

As for zimlets I don't want to deactivate them, I want to they work, but they were not visible in the panel.
    you mean, you want zimlets to work and don't want them to show in the panel on left side?

you mean, you want zimlets to work and don't want them to show in the panel on left side?
    Exactly

And what with the other changes ?

Exactly

And what with the other changes ?
    If it's not possible to change these inside the CoS, or the member's preference, then it won't be easy to change it other then by going and making code changes (which I never recommend unless you are capable of upgrading the source every time a new Zimbra version comes out).

If it is possible via the CoS, set it in the administration interface. If you see a setting in the web client, you can always use FireBug to see the interaction between client and server, and set it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaPrismon View Post
    If it's not possible to change these inside the CoS, or the member's preference, then it won't be easy to change it other then by going and making code changes (which I never recommend unless you are capable of upgrading the source every time a new Zimbra version comes out).
    That's nothing, I will not upgrade the Zimbra. Where, then, in the code to change the things that I mentioned?

If it is possible via the CoS, set it in the administration interface.
    I think there isn't any way to change my things via settings of COS.
    If you see a setting in the web client, you can always use FireBug to see the interaction between client and server, and set it that way.

That's nothing, I will not upgrade the Zimbra. Where, then, in the code to change the things that I mentioned?
    You want to look at the Zimbra Web Client javascript code. If you want to change this code, I highly recommend at least posting the code back to the community and to Zimbra. Otherwise you will be stuck with legacy code that you will not be able to support over the long run.

I think there isn't any way to change my things via settings of COS.