Thread: Check boxes

Lightbulb Check boxes

One thing, and I have mentioned it before, that I find very annoying is the way the check boxes work. I get many email, I check 10-15 at a time to move/delete. If I misclick, which I tend to do too much, it unchecks everything I checked. Typically what will happen is I will click and instead of hitting the box I hit an email which unchecks everything and displays the email I clicked on. I do this all the time in my gmail and it keeps the check boxes checked

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

What does this have to do with the Developers forum (which is where you posted)?

Quote Originally Posted by iceruam View Post
    One thing, and I have mentioned it before, that I find very annoying is the way the check boxes work. I get many email, I check 10-15 at a time to move/delete. If I misclick, which I tend to do too much, it unchecks everything I checked. Typically what will happen is I will click and instead of hitting the box I hit an email which unchecks everything and displays the email I clicked on. I do this all the time in my gmail and it keeps the check boxes checked
    What else would you expect to happen if you click on some other item in the UI? If you consider it undesirable then file an RFE.

Why don't you just use the ctrl-left-click to select the item(s) you need then it won't matter where you click?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Are you still on 5.0.10 (profile version)?

In the AJAX/advanced client, the selective area around the boxes is larger now (ie if you misclick outside the border say to the right a little it'll accept).

Bug 36057 - Extend a "dead area" around item selection checkboxes - HTML Client

(Alternating use of ctrl while clicking helps - and you don't have to use the checkboxes, can do it over the subject area etc.)

There's also an RFE somewhere to always maintain state till unchecked (so clicking elsewhere wouldn't have that effect) and another for when navigating else where (like to another folder).

Default Version 6.0.8

I like the control click option I was not aware of it, Thanks