Thread: Check for incorrect domain during the installation

Default Check for incorrect domain during the installation

If im thinking about the average zimbra admin, its a person that do not have time or the knowledge to tweak all the aspects of the server and thus he mind end up to situation i did (and i do have time, i was just a bit careless) - So, it would make sense that the installation procedure would check what hostname ends up in the smtp server.

Quote:
    There are two basic types of detections that land an IP in this page. RFC2821 section 4.1.1.1 says that there are only two legal types of HELO/EHLO a mail server can issue - either a fully qualified domain name (eg: "mail.example.com") or an "IP literal" (eg: "[1.2.3.4]").

For example, default fedora installation advertises "localhost.localdomain" as its default hostname, with minimum installation in zimbra, this will be used as helo/ehlo string in postfix and eventually gets the zimbra host system blacklisted by CBL. More info on the matter: http://cbl.abuseat.org/namingproblems.html

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Yes, but the zimbra document states that the hosts file must be changed - surely every admin reads a quick start quide before installing such a major piece of software?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.