Thread: Zimbra Custom Build

Question Zimbra Custom Build

My network proxy blocks all CPAN URLs so i cannot succeed building Perl module which downloads the dependency from the CPAN at run time. I want to know if one of the following is possible:

1. Can i download all dependencies on my own and then some how point perl make file to use this?
    • 2. Is there anyway i could skip installation of perl through zimbra third party? I have a RPM which can install and configure perl, are there any additional steps i need to follow?

I don't understand where is the rational of that exercise - you are going to spend days/weeks to build without Zimbra 3rd party vs. working in open internet for a hour-two

If your company doesn't allow it, take it home, build Zimbra 3rd party there, and then continue.
    If that is very hard in your environment, try working with VPNs, or Virtual machines, or...

Cheers,
    first

Thanks for the response, the issue is, its a desktop that i m trying to configure ZCS on. So cannot really take it to home. i tried to use a data card, but the setup of data card is not supported on my platform.
    Phew.. Leave those aside now.
    I am now going with a binary installation of ZCS, as i do not intend to change the Zimbra server files. My only focus is the zimbra web client. If I some how manage to modify and build zimbra webclient from outside the ZCS environment will i be able to merge this WAR file and deploy on the default Jetty server?

Yes, you could do that. BTW, that would be my suggestion too.
    For example import in eclipse 5 main Zimbra projects - Server, IM, TagLib, Common, WebClient.
    Then you should be able to compile only WebClient and produce the war file, which you could easily deploy to your server.
    In reality is not that trivial as I explained it but is achievable.

Cheers,
    first

Thanks for the response. Now may be the last question on this thread.. Is there any documentation around the projects, what does it contain?? Some API reference may be?
    I did include the projects in my workspace and looks like a lotttt of files well what else could i have expected

I managed to build the zimbrawebclient WAR file from eclipse with lot of struggle.. Now that i have my WAR, i do not know where to deploy? The jetty server running in my machine does not actually have the zimbrawebclient deployed as a separate WAR file.. Am i missing any thing here? I looked at the folder - /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps

Main ZCS frontend application is in .../webapps/zimbra
    1. Stop jetty (stop zimbra)
    2. Delete/move .../webapps/zimbra
    3. Unzip the war file into .../webapps/zimbra
    4. Chown everything in that folder with zimbra:zimbra
    5. Start jetty (start zimbra)

Cheers,
    first