Thread: Zimbra Web client with Oracle Beehive

Question Zimbra Web client with Oracle Beehive

I have a need to customize the Zimbra Web Client interface that is plugged in to Oracle Beehive. I want to add on some capabilities to it like managing SMS and MMS from with in the Mail Box, I am working with some gateway provider for the SMS/MMS part, but what i m looking at is an answer to the following questions:

• How would one pull out the Zimbra Web Client interface only and plug in to one's own mail server, I don't really understand this, since I believe the webclient would talk to the server (tightly coupled with zimbra server) for all mail services
    • If I were to modify a code on that, can I use the ZCS Helix version, do the changes there and expect it to work with the Zimbra Web Client of Oracle Beehive.. I guess No, but still checking. Has Oracle Beehive modified the Zimbra Web Client code to connect to the Oracle Beehive servers?? I am confused..
    • What projects do I need to be worried about (Helix has close to 20 web projects - Zimbra Server, Zimbra Tag Lib, Zimbra Web Client and so on..) if I were to look for such a integration.

Apreciate any help and direction on this regard.

WOW! - that sounds like new collaboration product (Zimbra+Oracle)
    I think I don't get what you would like to achieve. What is the goal/driving points for that?

Cheers,
    first

I am taking reference from the PDF: Oracle-Zimbra

Essentially Beehive has a collaboration suite which can be accessed from a web mail front end. I am assuming they have done some customization to achieve this, not sure how. Hence the questions above..

Now I got it. Interesting to see one of the biggest technological companies like Oracle taking Zimbra as platform.
    Curious if they took only OS version or they have commercial agreement with Zimbra.
    Somebody from Zimbra to comment on that?

So in this case you wouldn't need the ZCS code, you would need Oracle code, and you should ask in Oracle forum, not here.

Assuming Oracle haven't changed much Zimlet interfaces, you could use Zimlets to extend functionality like adding SMS or MMS management.

Cheers,
    first