Thread: Zimlet to upload files to briefcase

Hybrid View

Default Zimlet to upload files to briefcase

Hello,

what I want to do is to create a briefcase with a file template in it, the file should be on the server(a resource file in the zimlet I think) and then when a user uses the zimlet to create a briefcase it should contain the file.

I didn't find any specs on this, is this possible?

I am not sure how you think to implement the function you mentioned with "Zimlet to upload files to briefcase".

So I suggest that you look into
    Email Templates | Zimbra :: Gallery .
    And you better create the same zimlet for briefcase.

I hope it will help you.

If you still want to know how to upload files to briefcase,
    then you first post the file as multi part form data to "/service/upload" , and then send SOAP or JSON SaveDocumentRequest.
    You can get the details by hack the requests sent when you click file upload button in Briefcase with firebug or something.

hi, thanks for your answer.

Email template zimlet uses text copying from emails, so is not exactly what I need. What I need is to upload some files from the server (loaded from the zimlet as resource in the xml) to some folders in the briefcase.

I looked over the way it is done for upload a file in the Briefcase section, but what I need is to upload the file without user interaction, so there won't be a upload file input in the html. Tryed to reproduce using js, loading the file and making a post request to service/upload but I get back an error in the js function (the url outputs html with a js script).

Tryed using jsp but don't have any exp wit it and from what I understand he can't do a post including a file.

From your answer I understand that there is no way to do this using th zimbra api for zimlets and I need to find another way but I can't find it. The problem sending a post with js is that I can't recreate the multipart header and let the server know that I am sending a file.