Thread: Real AJAX example and resizable tree

Hybrid View

Default Real AJAX example and resizable tree

I have just downloaded Zimbra after reading some documentation and playing with the demo. I mangaged to build and mkae the simple examples provided in the Ajax/WebRoot/examples.

I would now be looking for an example where there is a real AJAX call between the client and the server.

Once I am finished with my task, my goal is to have a tree component, that makes an AJAX call when the user clicks the first time on the expandNode button, and that can handle several resizable column.

You allready have a tree and tables with resizable columns. I'd like to have something that is a combination of the 2.

Thus, have you got any example that I could run where there is a true AJAX call between client and server ? Do you have any thoughts about what I intend to do ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards

Heladito

Sounds doable. Well no server calls in the examples, but there are several in the ZimbraWebClient.

OK thanks, I'll have a look.

What about server-side ? I saw that there was a SoapServlet. Any documentation or example on where the AJAX call is received by the servlet and processed ?

Thanks in advance

It's just SOAP. Of course our entire server is open source too, but for a simple example you may want to just write your own servlet. Either way lots of example code in there.