Thread: Adding "Chicklets"

Default Adding "Chicklets"

Whats the best way to go about adding a button in the right hand Navigation bar? We have a web based instant messaging solution and would like a button to be able to launch it from the navbar. I tried enabling the Zimbra IM and this added the Zimbra button, but I need to change the location that the button points to. So I need to either A) Add my own button using my own URL (and this will probably just open up another window) or B) Change the location that the Zimbra IM button goes to (currently its app=im). I tried changing launchZimbraMail.jsp to do "if app==im window.open(myurl)" type of function but it did not change the behavior of the button. Ideas/thoughts?

Additionally, I tried changing the HELP_URI setting in the few files it was being set to point to something else as just a test. After changing the variable and restarting Tomcat the link STILL points to its original location. Grrr..

Figured out how to change the URI and have that functioning to my liking. However, I'd still like to be able to insert my own Navbar Chiclets. Ideas on how to go about that?

you must develop a Zimlet to get this working.
    i recomend you read the code of the /opt/zimbra/zimlets-extra/com_zimbra_jspsample.zip zimlet and you can read the one i developed http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=Samba_Password
    Patricio Bruna
    http://www.itlinux.cl