Thread: Create E-Mail Form & Host on Zimbra Jetty

Threaded View

Question [SOLVED] Create E-Mail Form & Host on Zimbra Jetty

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a public-facing web form that will allow users to fill out the form and submit it securely through the web server and directly to the mail server (since it's being hosted on our mail server). The mail server currently requires https connections so when pulling up the page under the /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/* (https://mail.server.com/*) folder it is secured between the browser and server. My logic is that since that part is secure...I can get around the insecurity of e-mail because the recipient is on the local mail server...so when the public user submits the form...it would get sent internally without worry of the data being intercepted.

However, my problem is this...I wrote the form originally in PHP and not realizing that JSP is the only language supported. However, I also tried an example JSP mail form and that didn't work, either. Are there any special procedure calls or anything that I am missing to make this work? If anyone has a sample of a web form that works on the Zimbra web server, that would be great! I will also want to incorporate reCaptcha but I believe I can just add the code on the API page and it will work. Of course, if someone has all of this already done and working, it would be much appreciated.

By the way, I know the aspell apache instance works fine with PHP but it doesn't support encryption plus it uses a non-standard port. I'd prefer to use 443 so end-users won't have to battle their firewalls (potentially).

Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Last edited by cyberdeath; 08-27-2012 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Marked as [SOLVED]
    cyberdeath