Thread: Add Time to Date display in Serenity Skin

Hybrid View

Default Add Time to Date display in Serenity Skin

Hello,

Several of our users, Customer Service Reps, really need to be able to quickly see the time an email was received. I would like to be able to add the time to the date that gets displayed. I know this information is reasonably available as it shows up if you mouse over the email. However people are used to what they are used to and it is ITs responsibility to try and easy the changes as much as possible. I wondered of anyone had any idea where this bit of code might be.

Hey earlgrei,

I was actually poking around the date functions lately myself and I hope I can give you some guidance based on my findings. The first question I have for you is where exactly do you want the timestamp to show up? In the message list pane on the customer end? Anyway, here's a few files of interest:

/opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/js/ajax/util/AjxDateUtil.js
    - for you to go through the code and find out which date formatting function you'd like to use

/opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/js/zimbraMail/share/view/ZmListView.js
    -this should have the chunk of code that brings in the cell contents for the date field in the message list pane (look for ZmItem.F_DATE). You'll have to override this function yourself so you can change the AjxDateUtil call to whatever function you select from the AjxDateUtil.js file.

I hope this helps!

-P

Hi, So I found the code I needed to change. Now the only thing I need to figure out how to do is get the bugger to apply. Right now its loading, presumably, cached versions of the Javascript and CSS files. I can make changes but it still loads the cached versions. Any ideas?