Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reply to an appointment invitation

Default Reply to an appointment invitation

I am using ZCS 8.0, use soap api for our application. Need to get the reply from an invitee for an appointment - I am calling GetAppointment SOAP Command and able to get the accept/reject/tentative kind of response back but I am unable to retrieve the reply message as sent by the invitee. Please let me know which command or soap message I need to use to get that information.
    Thanks for the help.

Still using ZCS 8.0 and soap api for our application. Need to set the reply of an invitee for an appointment without actually receiving an email based reply to the invitation - since my earlier message above I have tried calling sendInviteReply SOAP Command but am not able to set any reply status using sendInviteReply. Please let me know which command or soap message I need to use to set reply status.

What do you mean you cannot set any reply status ?

Here is PHP code I use

Code:
            switch ($response) {
                case '1':
                  $verb = "ACCEPT";
                  break;

case '2':
                  $verb = "TENTATIVE";
                  break;

case '3':
                  $verb = "DECLINE";
                  break;
            }

// email organizer/attendees only if _serverInviteReply is set to true
            // Almost all phones now properly send the invites directly themselves
            $updateOrganizer = ($this->_serverInviteReply ? "1" : "0" );
            $soap = '<SendInviteReplyRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraMail" id="'.$requestid.'" compNum="0" verb="'.$verb.'" updateOrganizer="'.$updateOrganizer.'"/>';
    so set the status using the verb (ACCEPT, TENTATIVE, DECLINE) and set updateOrganizer flag to either "1" (true) or "0" (false) - make sure to set it as a string.

This would just set the status for the organizer, this does not set the status for the attendee. I need to set the status for the attendee.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    What do you mean you cannot set any reply status ?

Here is PHP code I use

Code:
            switch ($response) {
                case '1':
                  $verb = "ACCEPT";
                  break;

case '2':
                  $verb = "TENTATIVE";
                  break;

case '3':
                  $verb = "DECLINE";
                  break;
            }

// email organizer/attendees only if _serverInviteReply is set to true
            // Almost all phones now properly send the invites directly themselves
            $updateOrganizer = ($this->_serverInviteReply ? "1" : "0" );
            $soap = '<SendInviteReplyRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraMail" id="'.$requestid.'" compNum="0" verb="'.$verb.'" updateOrganizer="'.$updateOrganizer.'"/>';
    so set the status using the verb (ACCEPT, TENTATIVE, DECLINE) and set updateOrganizer flag to either "1" (true) or "0" (false) - make sure to set it as a string.

No. This set's the invitee's status.

It optionally updates the organizer (by email) too if called with updateOrganizer="1"

From the soap-calendar.txt document
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //
    // SendInviteReply
    //
    //
    <SendInviteReplyRequest id="mail_item_id" compNum="comp_num"
    verb="VERB" [updateOrganizer="1|0"]
    [idnt="{identity-id}"] // use this identity to send reply
    >
    [<tz ...>] // definition for TZID referenced by DATETIME in <exceptId>
    [<exceptId DATETIME>]? // reply to just one instance of the specified Invite (default is all instances)
    [<m>...</m>]
    </SendInviteReplyRequest>

id : unique ID of the invite (and component therein) you are replying to
    comp : component number of the invite
    verb : ACCEPT, COMPLETED, DECLINE, DELEGATED, TENTATIVE (Completed/Delegated are NOT supported as of 9/12/2005)
    m : embedded message, if the user wants to send a custom update message.
    The client is responsible for setting the message recipient list in
    this case (which should include Organizer, if the client wants to tell
    the organizer about this response)
    updateOrganizer: yes by default, if no then only make the update locally. This parameter
    has no effect if an <m> element is present.

<SendInviteReplyResponse status="STATUS"/>

status: OK, OLD (a newer invite exists for that appointment), ALREADY-REPLIED, FAIL (other failure)

I agree that documentation says that but it does work in reality, I am not able to set invitee's status. Could it be because these invitee's emails are not setup on zimbra?

Yes, as the zimbra command is expecting you to give it the message id of the invitation email you are responding to.

Can you describe the scenario you are trying to implement, step by step.

sure, the scenario is as follows- we are developing a meeting organizing system and zimbra is at the core of this system-
    1. organizers can set up meeting, these organizer have mail boxes on zimbra.
    2. organizers can invite members- these members don't have their mailboxes setup on zimbra, they use third party mail system like gmail, yahoo mail etc.
    3. members can reply to an invite using the website(our system) and indicate if they are attending the meeting. I am using the proper ids when I generate the request( I use getAppointment api to get the details of the meeting)
    this is where I am running into the issue- I am using setInviteReply to do this but its not changing the status of the attendee at all. At most I am able to set the organizer's status.
    4. The request xml that I generate is something like this-
    <SendInviteReplyRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraMail" echo="1" html="1" id="357-356" idnt="c17@hotmail.com" compNum="0" verb="DECLINE" updateOrganizer="1">
    <m>
    <e t="t" a="calendar_cricket_sydney@xxxx.com"></e>
    <e t="f" a="c17@hotmail.com" p="C17 Calendar"></e>
    <mp part="" ct="text/calendar" body="1">
    <content>
    <su> Cricket Sydney - Test</su>
    </content>
    </mp>
    </m>
    </SendInviteReplyRequest>

Let me know what I am missing.
    Thanks for your help.

OK. That is not going to work. The sendInviteReplyRequest must come from the receiving account. If these people do not have an account, the only way I can see to do it is via email replies

- OR -

You might be able to use ModifyAppointmentRequest as the originator of the appointment, and to directly modify the attendee's status using the
    // ptst (ParTSTat - participation status) = "NE"eds-action, "TE"ntative, "AC"cept, "DE"clined,
    field of the attendee in question.

Ok. Email works, is there a way to simulate email respone(I tried ics but that also does not work)? ModifyAppointmentRequest is not a solution because it would send notification to all invitees again.