Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: wsdl files change between version 8.0.6 - 8.0.7

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Olten, Switzerland
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    9

    Question wsdl files change between version 8.0.6 - 8.0.7

    hi

    we did some soap programming and noticed during the upgrade from 8.0.6 to 8.0.7 a change in the wsdl files,
    but I did not see any announcement of this change.

    name="params" -> name="parameters"

    is there any information on the updates of the sope interface? are there code breaking changes in minor "+0.0.1" releases?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Hi,

    Sorry if this change caused you problems.
    This change was made because of undocumented features in some Microsoft tools that overload the name parameters with meaning incompatible with our WSDL.
    See https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=79898 and https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=85241
    I'm curious as to how this broke your code? Could you give some examples please? I've always assumed that code got generated from the WSDL and used from there.
    Thanks and regards,
    Gren
    Gren Elliot
    Lead Engineer - Server
    Zimbra | Community & Collaboration

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Niederrohrdorf, Switzerland
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Dear Gren,

    I have created https://github.com/rplessl/ZimbraManager a Zimbra SOAP communication part using Perl and public WSDL processing libraries (from CPAN).

    ZimbraManager can be used either as REST <-> SOAP proxy or as a communication library for our webfrontend tools.

    Using XML::Compile::WSDL11 library, the return response of the SOAP calls will be in a "response->{namedparameter}" data structure.

    Code:
       my ( $response, $trace ) = $self->soapOps->{$action}->($args);
       return ($response->{namedparameter}, $err);
    An hashed data structure with first key "namedparameter" (see params bellow):

    Code:
    [Tue Apr 29 09:44:45 2014] [debug] 'call(): response='
    {
      'params' => {
        'authToken' => '******',
        'lifetime' => '43200000'
      },
      '{urn:zimbra}context' => bless( do{\(my $o = 78921984)}, 'XML::LibXML::Element' )
    }

    The name of "namedparameter" is equal to the given name here in the WSDL messages: <wsdlart name="params" ...>.

    So by changing this name this will break the response handling.

    In the current release have used the construct:

    Code:
       $self->wsdlReturnParameterName = 'params';
       my ( $response, $trace ) = $self->soapOps->{$action}->($args);
       return ($response->{$self->wsdlReturnParameterName}, $err);
    Best Regards,
    Roman

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Thanks for the info. Useful to know.
    Gren Elliot
    Lead Engineer - Server
    Zimbra | Community & Collaboration

Similar Threads

  1. XSD/WSDL Files for the SOAP Server?
    By photoadrian in forum Developers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-23-2012, 02:32 AM
  2. WSDL (The Beginning)
    By marsi in forum Developers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2012, 10:51 PM
  3. WSDL Url
    By fmatar in forum Developers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 09:06 PM
  4. Version control of language files
    By flums in forum I18N/L10N - Translations
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 09:39 AM
  5. Fix for SA Configure Files Version Mismatch
    By unilogic in forum Developers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2005, 07:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •