Thread: REST method to load a location resource

Question REST method to load a location resource

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to load location resources from a Zimbra Collaboration Server Open Source version using REST APIs and how to do that. I would appreciate any documentation or so.
    I found the official REST wiki page here: Zimbra REST API Reference - Zimbra :: Wiki but I couldn't find how to load location resources, I can load calendars of a person though.

Thank you very much,
    Catalin
    Last edited by catalin; 06-04-2014 at 11:40 AM.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by catalin View Post
    I would like to know if there is a way to load location resources from a Zimbra 8 Comunity server using REST APIs and how to do that. I would appreciate any documentation or so.
    I can't help you with this question as I'm not a developer but for clarification (for future visitors to this thread) I'm guessing you mean the Zimbra Collaboration Server Open Source version? The Zimbra Community Server is a completely different product.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi phoenix, thank you very much for your intervention, it is indeed about Zimbra Collaboration Server Open Source version, sorry for the confusion.

I would like to know if there is a way to load location resources from a Zimbra Collaboration Server Open Source version using REST APIs and how to do that. I would appreciate any documentation or so.
    I found the official REST wiki page here: Zimbra REST API Reference - Zimbra :: Wiki but I couldn't find how to load location resources, I can load calendars of a person though.
    Resources are very similar to users, they have an associated email address. For instance, if my room resource is called room-nile@pan.local, the following will give the JSON for the room's calendar:
    wget --user=room-nile --password=test123 http://localhost:7070/home/room-nile...endar?fmt=json
    Gren Elliot
    Lead Engineer - Server
    Zimbra | Community & Collaboration

Hi Gren,

Thank you very much for your help, I thought that it might be that but when I try the url in the browser or postman I am able to retrieve only my calendar using my mail address and not the location address, should I send some authentication params to the call and how?
    Thank you once again!

You need to provide the auth parameters of the location (location email address/location password). Alternatively, the location calendar could be shared with you - then you can treat the calendar as one of your own depending on the name you assign to it.
    Gren Elliot
    Lead Engineer - Server

Thanks Gren, passing the location's auth params using basic authentication worked for me

Hi Gren, do you think it is possible to load also a list of resources from the server? I mean, I would like to have the list of all locations from the server.. do you think there is any REST call for that? If it is could you point it here please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Resources are very similar to users, they have an associated email address. For instance, if my room resource is called room-nile@pan.local, the following will give the JSON for the room's calendar:
    wget --user=room-nile --password=test123 http://localhost:7070/home/room-nile...endar?fmt=json

Hi Gren, do you think it is possible to load also a list of resources from the server? I mean, I would like to have the list of all locations from the server.. do you think there is any REST call for that? If it is could you point it here please?
    I don't think there is a REST method for this. You would need to use SOAP. See the documentation for GetAllCalendarResources at Zimbra SOAP API Reference 8.0.7_GA_6020
    Gren Elliot
    Lead Engineer - Server

Hi Gren,

Thank you for your help!