Thread: Zimbra SOAP API method call for GetQuotaUsageRequest throwing unkown error

Default Zimbra SOAP API method call for GetQuotaUsageRequest throwing unkown error

I m using 'GetQuotaUsageRequest' to get the usage Quota of all users on the mailhost but the method call throws error "java.lang.NullPointerException"

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: java.lang.NullPointerException)
    com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapFaultException: system failure: java.lang.NullPointerException
    ExceptionId:com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceExcep tion: system failure: java.lang.NullPointerException
    ExceptionId:qtp1308701467-444141:1408545359840:41d6d80fcb590162

Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:258)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:533)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:363)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:236)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:290)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:206)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.custom.CustomLdapDIT.fi lterAccountsOnlyByDomainAndServer(CustomLdapDIT.ja va:368)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.search AccountsOnServerInternal(LdapProvisioning.java:150 6)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.search AccountsOnServer(LdapProvisioning.java:1474)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.GetQuotaUsage$QuotaUsa geParams.doSearch(GetQuotaUsage.java:296)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.GetQuotaUsage.handle(G etQuotaUsage.java:130)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:500)

I have authtoken and url everything looks correct and I was able to get response for other methods calls like 'GetMailboxStats' , 'GetAllMailboxes' etc but something is not correct here or I don't know what I m using here to get the response for 'GetQuotaUsageRequest'.

Could someone please help me out ?

Please provide Zimbra version information with your request (or ideally as part of your profile).
    That stack trace includes CustomLdapDIT - which I think means you are attempting to use your own LDAP instead of the Zimbra one. Strongly recommend against this. Zimbra tightly integrates with our own LDAP and it is extremely rare for people to go the CustomLdap route. Suggest you use sync between your other directory and the Zimbra one instead (if required).
    Gren Elliot
    Lead Engineer - Server
    Zimbra | Community & Collaboration

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Please provide Zimbra version information with your request (or ideally as part of your profile).
    That stack trace includes CustomLdapDIT - which I think means you are attempting to use your own LDAP instead of the Zimbra one. Strongly recommend against this. Zimbra tightly integrates with our own LDAP and it is extremely rare for people to go the CustomLdap route. Suggest you use sync between your other directory and the Zimbra one instead (if required).
    Thanks for the response. Zimbra Version - 8.0.3.
    I m not sure whether we use own LDAP or not, being an application developer I m not much aware of that part. So you are very sure that the issue is because the use of our own LDAP ? but I dint face any problem with anyother SOAP method calls, moreover i m able to get the response as expected and only for this method call, it is strange to see such errors which I could not able to figure out.
    I just thought I m missing something in my method call, so I thought to check if someone can provide the example (correct parameters) to call GetQuotaUsageRequest.

Hi,

What is the response to this command on the server:
    Code:
    # zmlocalconfig zimbra_class_provisioning
    The default is:
    Code:
    zimbra_class_provisioning = com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning
    I tried this on my (more up to date) version and got a reasonable response:

Code:
    <GetQuotaUsageRequest allServers="false" Domain="pan.local" xmlns="urn:zimbraAdmin"/>
    Gren Elliot
    Lead Engineer - Server
    Zimbra | Community & Collaboration

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Hi,

What is the response to this command on the server:
    Code:
    # zmlocalconfig zimbra_class_provisioning
    The default is:
    Code:
    zimbra_class_provisioning = com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning
    I tried this on my (more up to date) version and got a reasonable response:

Code:
    <GetQuotaUsageRequest allServers="false" Domain="pan.local" xmlns="urn:zimbraAdmin"/>
    I get the result as
    zimbra_class_provisioning = com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.custom.CustomLdapProvis ioning

So i guess you are right that we use own ldap and that is the reason i get ldap error.
    I will check on this.
    Thanks a lot for helping me out.