Thread: SVN Build error

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Default SVN Build error

Hi

The trunk code has been giving this error for about a week now, is it an error in the code or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Code:
    jar:
        [javac] Compiling 1053 source files to /usr/share/src/zim/zimbra/ZimbraServer/build/classes
        [javac] /usr/share/src/zim/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/imap/ImapHandler.java:244: while expected
        [javac]                         } else {
        [javac]                           ^
        [javac] /usr/share/src/zim/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/imap/ImapHandler.java:249: '(' expected
        [javac]                     }
        [javac]                     ^
        [javac] /usr/share/src/zim/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/imap/ImapHandler.java:1055: ')' expected
        [javac]         Append(List<String> flags, Date date, byte[] content) {
        [javac]                                         ^
        [javac] /usr/share/src/zim/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/imap/ImapHandler.java:1130: 'catch' without 'try'
        [javac]             } catch (IOException e) {
        [javac]               ^
        [javac] 4 errors

BUILD FAILED
    /usr/share/src/zim/zimbra/ZimbraServer/build.xml:293: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 13 seconds
    make: *** [/usr/share/src/zim/zimbra/ZimbraBuild/../ZimbraServer/build/dist/tomcat/webapps/service.war] Error 1

Quote Originally Posted by dijichi2 View Post
    Hi

The trunk code has been giving this error for about a week now, is it an error in the code or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Code:
    jar:
        [javac] Compiling 1053 source files to /usr/share/src/zim/zimbra/ZimbraServer/build/classes
        [javac] /usr/share/src/zim/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/imap/ImapHandler.java:244: while expected
        [javac]                         } else {
        [javac]                           ^
        [javac] /usr/share/src/zim/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/imap/ImapHandler.java:249: '(' expected
        [javac]                     }
        [javac]                     ^
        [javac] /usr/share/src/zim/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/imap/ImapHandler.java:1055: ')' expected
        [javac]         Append(List<String> flags, Date date, byte[] content) {
        [javac]                                         ^
        [javac] /usr/share/src/zim/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/imap/ImapHandler.java:1130: 'catch' without 'try'
        [javac]             } catch (IOException e) {
        [javac]               ^
        [javac] 4 errors

BUILD FAILED
    /usr/share/src/zim/zimbra/ZimbraServer/build.xml:293: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 13 seconds
    make: *** [/usr/share/src/zim/zimbra/ZimbraBuild/../ZimbraServer/build/dist/tomcat/webapps/service.war] Error 1
    The HEAD code is always a bit dicey. I would suggest compiling off of FRANK until the Zimbra guys get the first 5.0 beta out.

(There are several other code errors in HEAD, including a bad merge comment that leaked into the code).

Ah right thanks for the pointer. I haven't built from source since cvs, I've switched to FRANK branch and it's working fine (well -ish, I'm trying to create Solaris ports..).

I've been interested in a Solaris port. I'm running Solaris 10-x86.. Particularly interested because of ZFS and the ability to do a zimbra stop, zfs snapshot, zimbra start and have the fastest damn cold backup ever. :-)

Hmm, I may try this on my long-weekend ahead of me.

and dtrace, zones, etc on top the most stable OS in the history of OSs

I'm nearly there with the port on x86, it's building packages now just got a few foibles left to work out, and put a sparc target in place, then i'll release tarballs for testing. hopefully sometime this week, if i get the time.

If you have something to test, I can do it on x86 Solaris 10...gladly. If you'd like to send over what you have when it's ready, I will give a go at it.

that would be great - I don't have any 'real' solaris x86 boxes, I'm doing the port under vmware and its a bit messy - will post a tarball when i think it's got a vague chance of working.

i do have an ancient sparc box which i'll also build a package on but that will probably take at least a week just to hit make!

There seems to be a directory missing out of svn. I'm trying to build FRANK branch - 4.5.4_754, and the build is failing looking for FRANK/ClamScanner.

Is this supposed to be there, or is it part of NE?

Hi

I've finished the build, the only bit missing seems to be the ClamScanner area. Has this just been missed out of the public svn push, or is it NE only please?

Thanks