Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: session timeout

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    8

    Default session timeout

    Does "zimbra" have session timeout or not..??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,433
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Yes.

    Default is 12 hours. You can override this via the zimbraAuthTokenLifetime account/COS setting.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkarp View Post
    You can override this via the zimbraAuthTokenLifetime account/COS setting.
    where i can find that setting..??
    thanks..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,433
    Rep Power
    12

    Default zmprov

    You can set it via the zmprov CLI. It should also be present in the admin console.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    bz italy
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkarp View Post
    You can set it via the zmprov CLI. It should also be present in the admin console.
    using 4.5.5
    ubuntu 6.06

    timeout problem with new-mail-window and and tomcat

    1)
    it just happened that i lost a mail i wrote in a separate window, apparentely due to timeout: when i tried to send it (after half an hour), a new login was requested and the work was lost.

    2)
    quite often, when i try to read the original of a message, tomcat refuses and only after a new login it works again.

    does this happen also to someone else ?

    has the reported old bug (previous versions of zimbra) really been fixed ?

    thanks for hints

    anton

  6. #6
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by auanton View Post
    using 4.5.5
    ubuntu 6.06

    timeout problem with new-mail-window and and tomcat

    1)
    it just happened that i lost a mail i wrote in a separate window, apparentely due to timeout: when i tried to send it (after half an hour), a new login was requested and the work was lost.
    Yes, that's what happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by auanton View Post
    2)
    quite often, when i try to read the original of a message, tomcat refuses and only after a new login it works again.
    What exactly happens, under what circumstances and what error messages do you see (or what's in the logs)?

    Quote Originally Posted by auanton View Post
    has the reported old bug (previous versions of zimbra) really been fixed ?
    WHich bug are you talking about? If it says it's fixed in bugzilla then it is, that's not to say it might not reappear.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    bz italy
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Yes, that's what happens.

    What exactly happens, under what circumstances and what error messages do you see (or what's in the logs)?

    WHich bug are you talking about? If it says it's fixed in bugzilla then it is, that's not to say it might not reappear.
    ok - thanks !
    before i go deeper into it i'll wait a bit to see if the problem is encountered also by others:
    ------------------
    using 4.5.5
    ubuntu 6.06

    timeout problem with new-mail-window and and tomcat
    ------------------
    especially:
    writing a new message in a separate window, adding an attachment,

    problem arises when sending or saving the message.
    a login-screen appears. it says: session expired
    inviting to make a new login ( which does not work! )
    or to login as a different user: this seems to work, but then it gives only an empty screen.
    the only option left is to close the window and forget about it ( and to write the message from scratch )

    anton

Similar Threads

  1. zimbra suddently refused to get mail
    By nosiath in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 08:06 AM
  2. Services stopped working
    By lilwong in forum Administrators
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 10:19 AM
  3. Admin Console Session Timeout
    By unilogic in forum Developers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 10:47 AM
  4. Zimbra server crashed
    By goetzi in forum Administrators
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 01:00 PM
  5. The mailbox and mta dies in FC4 GA version
    By meikka in forum Installation
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 05:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •