Thread: Get Pop Mail with Thunderbird

Default Get Pop Mail with Thunderbird

I have setup a POP3 account to retrieve mail in addition to my zimbra mail. I receive all the mail when I am in the zimbra web client when I click get mail. However, in thunderbird, I do not. Is this a bug?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Do you mean that in Thunderbird you have one account getting mail from your Zimbra server and a second account getting mail from another pop3 server? In this set-up you get the mail from Zimbra but not from the pop3 account - is that what's happening? If that's what you see why would it be a problem with Zimbra?

I don't really understand exactly what your problem is. That sort of set-up works fine, I can set-up several accounts in Thunderbird and get mail from all of them.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Ok, I added a POP3 account so that when I check my zimbra account, it also checks the pop3 account and brings the mail to my inbox (Under Options/Pop Accounts). When checking my mail in the Zimbra Webmail Client, it checks that POP3 account also. However, when I do it through Thunderbird, it doesn't. Do I just have to set up a POP3 account on Thunderbird to receive the email, or since I configured Zimbra to do it in the Webmail Client, will it do it for me?

Does that make more sense?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

If you mean that you want the Thunderbird pop3 account to put mail in your Zimbra server then no, Thunderbird can't do that. If you want multiple external accounts to be downloaded to your accont on the Zimbra server then it's the Web Client that you'll have to use. There is no timed download for the pop3 accounts yet, it will be available in the next major release. If you need pop3 mail downloaded automatically then I'd suggest using fetchmail to get it and drop it in your ZImbra account.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Ok, makes sense now.

Thanks!