Thread: Calendar preferences

Default Calendar preferences

Hi

Could it possible in the future, for a user to choose the time and date format in the user preferences together with timezone?

-- Timo

Out plan is to have the time/date be set from the user's browser locale. We may provide a way to override that with a user pref.

Hi

With non technical users the broser based selection might be difficult, specially if they are not using their own one. We are using browsers in 3 different languages and the locality settings are not always correct.

-- Timo

Thanks for the feedback. We'll plan to add a local user option for this to override the browser.

is this still an issue? I am getting US date format (I want Aus). I have tested on Mac OS X with Safari and FireFox and on WinXP with IE. My regional settings for both OSs are Australian but am still getting US date format on the web calendar. The regional settings for the server are also set to Australian (done after ZCS was installed).

Can anyone point me to the correct place to remedy this??

Thanks
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by UTSCSE View Post
    is this still an issue? I am getting US date format (I want Aus). I have tested on Mac OS X with Safari and FireFox and on WinXP with IE. My regional settings for both OSs are Australian but am still getting US date format on the web calendar.
    The various date/time formats used in the calendar display are defined in message formats that are translated. Without an Australian English translation, it falls back to using American English formats.

For this to be fixed, an Australian English translation must be supplied. Since most of the messages will remain the same, only a handful of messages, specifically the date/time formats used in the calendar, need to be translated.

If you can tell me what date/time formats are used in Australia (e.g. are they the same as British English?), then I can add the appropriate translation files.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes the Australian format is the same as UK. ie dd/mm/yyyy.

Greg

Were the translation files created for Australia?

We're also having this issue where Safari is displaying american date formats in the calendar (mm/dd) instead of the australian format (dd/mm). Have setup the OS for Australian English and confirmed Australian date formats. (Note that firefox will work since it has its own language settings that Zimbra seems to pick up on).

Have searched bugzilla to see if a bug was created relating to this and can't see one - will create it if need be.