Thread: Werid scenerio that happens.

Default Werid scenerio that happens.

Ok.. i just downloaded the latest version from the website of zdesktop again just to make sure i wasnt losing my marbles...

After i installed and configured my 2 zimbra accounts, i get a prompt telling me that there is a new version of zdesktop click here to restart application.

If i do click on it, it attempts to install and gives the werid java error about not being able to find java home..

my questions:
    a)Why would it try to download or download an update when i just got the latest from the website ?

b)Why cant it update over it self ??

C)why does this only happen on one desktop and not the rest ? All the desktops are windowsxp with sp3 and atleast 1GB ram.

Does this particular desktop have Java installed?
    Eric J Lynner
    Dynamic Business Solutions

“Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.”
    – Donald Knuth

Ya know, I think this is probably a bug. Can you file a bug with as much info as you can like logs, OS versions, etc?

its happening again on the same desktop ..

did a total removal of Zdesktop and run some clean up tools like registry mechanic and tuneup utilities... rebooted..

installed the latest one avaliable from the website and the same notification comes up again.. and i cant stop it freom prompting me to install the update..

and on another note the zdekstop update auto installs.. i have to click the cancel button when i reboot to prevent it from install..
    Last edited by drdre; 07-30-2008 at 04:06 PM.

It throws the same error as before about the Java when trying to update?
    Eric J Lynner
    Dynamic Business Solutions

“Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.”
    – Donald Knuth

nope it doesnt give the java when its updating.. after it updates... Zdesktop wouldnt start.. and i can uninstall nor reinstall without having to manual rename or move the zdesktop folder.