Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unable to Sync Mail with Attach > 1Meg

going back to an older version will not work, since an older version will not be 100% compatible with the data set.

What messages are in your local and not on the server? The ones in your Outbox?

I created new local folders in Zimbra. Then I moved messages from my Inbox to the new local folders. I have messages in 2 local folders with attachments larger than 1meg that will not sync.
    I was able to temporarily move the messages with the larger attachments to another folder, then sync only the messages with smaller or no attachments in that folder.
    Now I have 2 local folders with messages that I need to get synced back onto Yahoo.
    Would it be possible to dissect the attachments from the individual messages in the store directory, zip these attachments, then recompile the message? In this way I could possibly get the message size to < 1 meg and succeed in the sync.
    Any ideas you have, I will try.
    Last edited by msmuth; 11-04-2008 at 09:39 PM.

please enable debug trace, force another sync, and provide zdesktop.out and zdesktop.log from <install>/log. thanks!

jjzhuang,

Attached are the 2 files that you requested.
    Attached Files Attached Files

what is your rocketmail actual email address? we need to take a look at your account. thanks!

I sent you a private message with my email address.

Is it possible that the number of messages or total size of all messages in the stores directory could be causing this failure with all yahoo accounts?
    My stores directory is 184MB and has 1,348 files, 18 folders.
    This would not explain why gmail works though.
    There is something unique to yahoo.

When gmail is successful in appending a message, I see 2 log entries, a getSyncState and putSyncState:
    offline - getSyncState: folder = 6, key = 12884901894, state = null
    offline - putSyncState: folder 6, key = 12884901894, state = {lastUid=3,exists=0,unseen=0,lastModSeq=702}
    But, with the yahoo accounts that fail to append a message, I only see the getSyncState without any putSyncState.

I have 3 yahoo accounts, not including the zimbra test account I created. 1 yahoo account is a premium account. The premium account is using:
    type=imap, isEnabled=true, name=Yahoo, host=imap.mail.yahoo.com, port=143, connectionType=cleartext
    While my 2 free yahoo accounts are using:
    type=imap, isEnabled=true, name=Yahoo - RocketMail, host=imap-ssl.mail.yahoo.com, port=993, connectionType=ssl
    type=imap, isEnabled=true, name=Yahoo - Ymail, host=imap-ssl.mail.yahoo.com, port=993, connectionType=ssl

Why would my premium account not be using SSL as well? This seems odd that the connection type is cleartext.

Could any of these things be causing the problem with the yahoo accounts?

I get the same error with all 4 of the yahoo accounts, with the zimbratest12 being a new account. 3 accounts are basic free yahoo accounts. 1 account is premium.

I do not have the problem with the gmail account.
    So, my logic is, to find what is unique to the code/settings on my side or yahoo side that causes the problem.
    Last night I connected my laptop directly to the cable modem, taking away the possibility of my internal network (routers and switches) causing the problem. The yahoo accounts still fail.

I exported all of my messages from my main yahoo account.
    Deleted all added folders from my main yahoo account, thus reducing the size of the messages by 95&#37;.
    Fully Uninstalled Zimbra Desktop
    Installed Zimbra Desktop
    Same problem when trying to sync with files larger than 1095KB.
    The odd thing is, is that I can forward that same message with attachment from the drafts folder in Zimbra, the message goes to the outbox, and is sent. The Sent folder then syncs to Yahoo with no problems. But if I manually move the message in Zimbra from drafts to the sent folder, then sync, it fails.
    This doesn't seem to be a real size or time problem, just something wacked in the code. Why would the same message sync fine if it gets to the Sent folder via the Outbox, but not when the message is just placed in the Sent folder via Zimbra?

My next method that I would appreciate support with to just get my messages back onto the yahoo server, is using Mozilla Thunderbird.
    I see that I can import the EML messages into Thunderbird. Thunderbird does support IMAP. So, how do I set up Thunderbird to use IMAP with Yahoo?
    Last edited by msmuth; 11-10-2008 at 09:50 AM.

msmuth, we were unsuccessful to reproduce your issue. what kind of connection speed do you have?

Default Connection Speed

As I stated in a previous post:
    My connection speed based on results at Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
    3304Kbs for download
    299Kbs for upload

Could this be related to my location and the Yahoo server that I am connecting with? I am in Boise, Idaho. How can we isolate the Yahoo server from being the source of the problem?