Thread: Unable to access Yahoo account via Zimbra Desktop

Threaded View

Default Unable to access Yahoo account via Zimbra Desktop

This is a bit of an update to a previous post / problem. I am now able to download mails fine from my Gmail account. For some reason beyond my knowledge I was able to add the account finally yesterday and it works great. However, now my main Yahoo account doesn't work. Several days ago, I changed the password on this account through the Internet. I didn't use Zimbra Desktop 'til yesterday. I forgot to change the password there before signing on to the Internet, so I of course got an error that it couldn't log on. Well I changed the password in Zimbra for this account (click account set up, typed in new password). Still it wouldn't log on after several attempts. So, I gave up and removed the Yahoo account from Zimbra with the attention of re-adding it. I even removed Zimbra (leaving data sets intact) and tried again. No go. I get the following error: "Service error. Please check your server settings; verify your email address, password or client access permissions (if required)." So ... what's going on here, does anyone know? Sigh....
    Last edited by drdrem; 11-15-2008 at 08:46 AM.