Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zimbra 0.92 imap account error

Default zimbra 0.92 imap account error

I have an exchange account connected via IMAP in zimbra. After 0.92 update , it no longer receives mail. Status says just "error".
    After looking in to the error log I found that it's because of synchronization problem with an IMAP folder. I have attached the error log in the file

Default error log attachment

Sorry for got attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jithin, I see that INBOX/isone-reports failed to be created. Do you somehow have multiple of them in different cases? How did you resolve the issue? By deleting the folder?

Also could you provide a debug trace? In the mailbox search box on the top left (not the web search box on the right), type in "$set:debugtrace on" (without the quotes) and hit enter/return. You'll see a green popup saying debug trace is turned on. Then click the Send/Receive button to manually force a sync and wait for the spinning indicator to stop. Then open the log file <install>/log/zdesktop.log and find the trace section of lines between
    ============================== SYNC DEBUG TRACE START ==============================
    and
    ============================== SYNC DEBUG TRACE END ================================
    If you have multiple of such sections, find the last trace section.

Thanks!

I thought I resolved the issue. I first deleted the folder. Then I recreated the folder. I have a filter which directs mails to that folder. But after creating the folder it worked for a few minutes and then the same problem reapeared. This problem started after updating to 0.92 version.

Before 0.92 I used to get a lot of messages in Error Reports saying somehting called duplicate key.

Default log output with debugtrace on

This what i captured in zdesktop.log
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's probably because the filter auto-creates the folder if it doesn't exist.

Could you check the casing of the folder name in the filter?

Its the same. Even before updating to 0.92 I was receiving a lot or warnings on Error Reports folder like this

Product name: Zimbra Desktop
    Product version: 0.92
    Build ID: 1383
    Release type: BETA
    OS Platform: Linux i386 2.6.27-9-generic
    Time of event: 2008-12-08 10:05:48
    Error type: service.FAILURE
    Error summary: Synchronization of folder 'INBOX/isone-reports' failed. Synchronization has been disabled for this folder

Failure details - PLEASE REMOVE ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Unable to store IMAP message data
    ExceptionId:mid=5:1228710948249:287c88ee8efdff21
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbImapFolder.createImapFolder(DbI mapFolder.java:111)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.DataSource.createImapFolder( DataSource.java:321)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.createLoca lFolder(ImapFolderSync.java:436)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncFolder (ImapFolderSync.java:114)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncRemoteFolder s(ImapSync.java:176)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(Imap Sync.java:157)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:120)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:158)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.importData(Loca lMailbox.java:379)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDat aSources(LocalMailbox.java:352)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.sync(LocalMailb ox.java:413)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncOnTimer(Loc alMailbox.java:325)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DesktopMailbox$1.run(Desktop Mailbox.java:251)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified by 'SQL081112102225560' defined on 'IMAP_FOLDER'.
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.get SQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLExcep tion(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl .wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl .handleException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleE xception(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleE xception(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeS tatement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement. executeStatement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement. executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatemen t.executeUpdate(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:2 33)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbImapFolder.createImapFolder(DbI mapFolder.java:106)
    ... 14 more
    Caused by: ERROR 23505: The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified by 'SQL081112102225560' defined on 'IMAP_FOLDER'.
    at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newE xception(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.ins ertAndCheckDups(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.doI nsert(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.ins ert(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexSetChanger. insert(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.RowChangerImpl.i nsertRow(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet. normalInsertCore(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet. open(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement .execute(Unknown Source)
    ... 19 more

OK, did you delete the folder from desktop or from yahoo mail?

I deleted it from thunderbird. ( it was any way working fine with thunderbird) Then I checked zimbra. It also worked fine. Then I recreated the folder from zimbra. It worked for a couple of mails, then went back to initial error state.

Is this because of the duplicate key problem in the above mail. I used to get a lot of them for this folder. Most of the mails coming to this folder are warning mails,all containing the same message and title.
    Last edited by jithin1987; 12-09-2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

OK I think we know what's wrong now. We'll verify that. Thanks!