Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zimbra 0.92 not syncing folder inside inbox which inturn has another folder

Default zimbra 0.92 not syncing folder inside inbox which inturn has another folder

I have a folder in inbox say A which in turn has another folder B. Zimbra is syncing B but not A. On right clicking on folder it does not even give option to turn on or off sync for that folder.

That is indeed weird. Which build is this and on what platform? Could you try restart the application?

I have the same problem: two folders in my IMAP hierarchy have subfolders, and Zimbra doesn't sync these two folders; no options for turning sync on or off are shown on right click.

This is with the latest build 1433 and Ubuntu 8.10.

Does restart help?

No. I installed Zimbra Desktop on two PCs this week, a few days ago each. I shut down and restarted the program several times on each PC, but the number of messages in these folders doesn't change at all. Also pressed the send/receive button several times.

how were these folders created? were they created on the server side first and download? can you give me the exact folder structure so we can try to reproduce the issue?

They were created on the server side - most of them years ago, and then downloaded to Zimbra Desktop.

In what form do you need the folder structure? I'd rather not give the folder names (privacy concerns).

OK, do you remember which version/build of desktop was the first one you used to sync down your yahoo account? Maybe in a previous cut there was a bug that caused the missing flag on one of your folders. I'm just guess, because with the current version when I download any folder from server they always have proper flags to support sync on/off.

As stated above, this was build 1433. Did you try to duplicate the scenario exactly?

That is: create a folder tree on an IMAP server where some folders contain subfolders, populate all folders (including the "container" folders) with messages. Then install Zimbra Desktop and have it sync the account, with "sync all folders" (or whatever it's literally called) checked in the presets (i.e. when the account is being established).

So this is a new install of 1433, not an upgrade from an older build?

I tried what you described, but it worked fine for me.